Chapter 22

The day after your hangout with Hui-Jun and Aeri, you were lazing on the bed at 10 am.

" Get up, lazy kid," you heard Haneul call from outside.

" Up already!" you shouted, so that he knew you were awake.

After having a long, warm shower and getting ready, you walked down the stairs to the dining room, where your whole family was seated at.

"- kind. She is very easy to talk to, and her hobbies are very close to mine," Haneul spoke as you entered.

" So that's good. What are her hobbies?" Dad questioned.

" She's a netballer, she likes sports. She's really active and bubbly too. I like her presence," he answered.

You raised an eyebrow as you scooped some scrambled egg and bacon onto your plate. After sitting down and listening to a bit more of their conversation, trying to figure who they were talking about, you finally realised.

You muttered," Of course he likes her presence. He's had the biggest crush on her for like forever."

Unfortunately, he heard, an landed a kick on your foot.

" Ow! Why are you so mad? I was just stating the obvious. And also, the truth."

" I just really like her. And, she's really kind and nice. But I don't think she you know, really likes me in that way," Haneul answered, while staring into his plate.

You understood. Even though you haven't been in a relationship whatsoever.

" Why do you think she's like that?" you ask him.

" I don't know! Maybe it's because Seoyun is her ex-bestfriend," he answered.

Seoyun, as you know is Haneul's ex. She was a great girlfriend. You still stayed in contact with Seoyun even after they broke up. She is a great unnie and she even helps you with personal problems. But, the reason for their break up was because Haneul slowly began losing interest in her, and started becoming interested in HaYun. You really felt bad for her.

" Of all people, you chose her ex best friend," you stated simply.

" Not my fault!" he tried to defend for himself.

You rolled your eyes and finished the food on your plate as both your parents were looking at each other in disbelief.

' Seriously Seoyun Eunnie should not have introduced Haneul to HaYun.'

Dad coughed, waiting for both of you to look at him. Once he got both your attention, he started speaking.

" I'm going to start working overseas-in America- starting a month from now. I just got informed, actually. So, I was thinking that maybe we could go out as a family more often."

You stopped chewing, processing the news he had given you. Not the 'go out as a family more often' part, but the 'working overseas'.

" For how long?" Haneul asked.

" Well, it's longer than I actually expected. About 2 years? Our business is growing, internationally, thus this is essential for us. Also, the staff would be split. Some to America and some to Japan," he explained.