15.1-Moments

..............Manik's POV............

It was Friday morning and again a flute melody broke my sleep...Yes the same flute melody that I had played for her years back...Honestly I was not expecting her to keep it..I was taken by surprise when I heard it the first time...I wanted to ask her why she has it till now but restrained myself...the urge to ask her crossed my mind everyday during my stay but every time I stopped myself ...Nevertheless I was getting up from the bed when Abhi spoke

Abhi – Don't...please don't get up...keep sleeping

Me – Abhi dude I guess you've mistaken me for Mukti...she slept in the other room last night remember..I am Manik not Mukti...

Abhi – Good morning Manik...I know it is you..and that is why I am asking you not to get up..!!

Me – Shut Up Abhi...I am awake...I need to get up..what is wrong with you...Stop acting weird..!!

Abhi – Manik dude...you hear this music that is playing..

Me – Yes I do...!!

Abhi – Okay so my sister she listens to this every single day..it's like a morning doze for her...She listens to this at least 3 times on repeat, sometimes even more...She gets cranky if you disturb her during this...so if you wake up right now she might stop playing it...that is something she is doing since last we came here...I don't want to push her beyond what she can take...so will you please keep sleeping till the same plays on repeat at least thrice please...

Manik – Okay fine...

My music, my friends everyone is still a part of your life Nandini except me...this melody still gives you peace, nothing's changed...except the fact that the melody no longer brings the HOPE with it as it did 7 years ago.. or does it...??

............Manik's POV ends..........

Manik finally got up 10 minutes after the alarm tone finished 3 iterations. He got ready for a jogging session where he was joined by Abhi. After jogging for almost an hour, they settled down on the bench nearby

Abhi – It feels good to jog after days...

Manik – Absolutely buddy, I mean our bodies are so accustomed to gyms and exercise that it's been only 5 days that we did not exercise and I already feel fat..!!

Abhi – Haha...true that...Imagine we haven't done anything exhausting in these few days, still we feel so tired...

Manik – Exactly...same here...that is the reason I came out for a jog...and trust me I already feel fresh..

Abhi – Hmm...one more round what say..!!

Manik – No..you continue...I guess I'll head home..!!

Manik got up to leave

Abhi – So you are the one my little sister was in love with..??

Manik – How do you know...?? (Manik Said settling down again)

Abhi – Because neither am I stupid, nor am I mad..!!....I can clearly sense the harmony and the tension between the two of you..Such contradicting emotions are only seen between lovers not just friends...so tell me who out of the two of you realized that the line from being friends to love has been crossed..!!

Manik – Abhi listen buddy..I know you want to know everything that has happened in the past but this is something personal...I really can't tell you about it..!!

Abhi – Personal..Ok so let me put it this way..Dhruv and Alya's confession was not personal...Navya and Cabir's love life too is not personal, Me proposing your sister was not personal but your realization of love is personal...Right....!!! Such a hypocrite you are Manik..!!