24 - Security and Assurance - Key to Survival

Nandini forwarded her hand for a handshake which Manik gladly accepted. They stood in the balcony staring the sky for a few minutes when Manik felt a bit uneasy. He decided to go to his room but after walking a few steps he felt dizzy and collapsed on the floor leaving a shocked and numb Nandini behind. She rushed to him and bend down keeping his head on her lap. Nandini wanted to shout but it seemed like her vocal chords had ditched her right at that moment and all one could hear was mere whisper

Nandini (whisper) – Manik...!!

After being in shock for a few seconds, she recollected herself and shouted

Nandini (in a higher decibel) – Manik ....Get Up...Listen if this is any drama, trust me I won't spare you (she said vehemently)

Realizing no change in his body, panic started taking over and she immediately called Abhi.

Abhi – Nandu, where are you...Come down we are planning to go out..!!

Nandini – Abhi..Manik...!!

Abhi – Oh Manik...listen bring him as well...he must be inside..Get him along

Abhi heard Nandini's sobs and the same freaked him out.

Abhi – Nandu...why are you crying..??

Nandini – Abhi...Manik...!!

Abhi – Ya Manik what (Meanwhile Abhi's talks grabbed everyone's attention right when he asked Nandini the reason for her sobbing)

Nandini (with great difficulty) – Abhi...Manik...unconscious...please come fast...!!

Abhi – What unconscious....wait where is he..??

Nandini – In my room..!!

Abhi – We are coming..!!

Saying this he disconnected the call..

Abhi – Cabir Call the doctor...Manik is unconscious..!!

Cabir – What..!!..what happened..!!

Mukti – Abhi Stop joking...!!

Abhi – Guys Why would I joke about this...Cabir please call the doc...Someone please get the elders to Nandini's room....Let's rush...!!

Saying this everyone ran to Nandini's room while Alia informed the elders. Soon everyone gathered in Nandini's room. Navya embraced Nandini who was visibly petrified to see Manik's state. Abhi and Dhruv held Manik and shifted him to the bed.

Cabir – Guys doctor is on the way, shall be here soon..!!

The elders to rushed in. Nyonika and Dadi sat on the bed next to Manik

Dadi – Manik Baccha...wake up...kya hua isse..?? (What happened to him..??)

Amms held Nandini's shoulder and gestured her to get up. Nandini numbly followed her instructions. Amms then took her to the couch and made her sit there while all this while Nandini had her eyes glued to Manik.

Amms – Kanna...kaise hua yeh sab..?? (Child how did this happen)

Nandini (Closed her eyes remembering) – Manik came to my room...we talked..we were happy and then he decided to go back and a few seconds later he was lying unconscious.... I didn't know what to do...Amms he...he...!! (broke into sobs once again)

Mukti rushed to Nandini.

Mukti – Nandini...Shshh...Listen to me...Bhai will be fine...nothing will happen to him okay...Are you listening to me...Nothing will happen to him (Offering her a glass of water)... Here take this...and don't cry..!!