28.4 Strings of Love

Later, that night, Nandini was standing in the small balcony of her room, staring up at the sky and studying the silver glow of the moon, when she felt a pair of hand wrapping themselves around her waist.

Nandini – What are you doing here Manik..??

Manik – How do you know it is me without looking..??

Nandini – I feel your touch Mister...it evokes so many emotions in my body...!!

Manik – Ya like butterflies churning in your stomach and sudden rush of blood in your veins causing goosebumps allover...Getting cheesy... Are we..??

Nandini – Well you asked for it...by the way on a serious note...I didn't turn around but that doesn't mean that I didn't see the bracelets when you wrapped your hand around and also apart from Amms, chacha-chachi, Abhi and Rishabh, only you have the spare key of my room so I figured..

Manik – Smart..Ok now tell me what's so intriguing about the night sky that has got your attention glued to it..??

Nandini – Nothing..I was just thinking..!!

Manik – Huh...thanks for informing me Einstien...but see I too am nothing less than Newton... Just like Newton who knew that the apple had fallen straight on the ground but didn't knew why..I know that you were thinking, it's just that I am unware of the reason...!!

Nandini – So why don't you do the extensive research and deduce your inferences..Mr.Newton..!!

Manik – I could have but you see one needs to be original...I can't follow Newton blindly right....So my originality lies in the fact that I am too impatient to sit and look for possible reasons...I believe in asking directly especially when it comes to people I care and love the most..!!..So now without beating around the bushes will you please tell me what's wrong..??

Nandini turned around and placed her head on his chest while Manik gently caressed her hairs

Nandini – Cabir and Navya..!!

Manik – What about them...??

Nandini – Manik...I think Cabir is still worried about that video tape...He is not showing it though..!!

Manik – He is scared of losing Navya and the tape has done nothing except fueling his fears...!

Nandini – But he is portraying as if nothing is wrong..!!

Manik – He is not left with any other choice Nandini...!!...I had a talk with him yesterday..I believe the only way I can help

Nandini – What did he say..??

Manik – He can't express his fears for he feels it would weaken Navya's resolve to live...if she has any..!!

Nandini – He still doesn't believe that she wishes to live..!!

Manik – Unfortunately No...A part of him still thinks otherwise.. And I think only Navya can make him let go of his uncertainties..!!

Nandini – But how Manik....Though she is a lawyer but you know in her personal space, she isn't very good with words...

Manik – Yes..But she is very talented at making her actions do the talking...Like when mom dad passed away, she never consoled me with words but she used come and sit by me bed side, gently caressing by worry lines and putting me sleep...She used to think that I was asleep before she came but honestly it was the caressing that used to transport me to the dreamland..!!

Nandini – I guess you are right...I hope she does that soon..I would also drop hints around her tomorrow morning to tell her that she needs to act and in the meantime please keep talking to Cabir every now and then...he needs to vent it out else he would explode like a volcano one day..!!