19.1 The Blows the broke IT

....Flashback Continued.....!!!!

Nandini – I wasn't talking about SPACE's reputation..I was talking about MINE...Me walking out of my first album without any valid reason is capable of tarnishing my reputation as a singer...I was talking about that...!!

Hearing Nandini, Manik walked out of the café leaving a shocked and visibly upset Nandini. Nandini was still fixed on the couch with her gaze fixed on the café door when Cabir tapped her shoulder. She turned her attention to him. Cabir raised his eyebrow and pointed to the door, she blinked her eyes in agreement and moved out of the café only to find Manik leaning on his car. She walked and stood by his side. Silence grabbed them and just before it could turn uncomfortable, Nandini spoke.

Nandini – How long do you plan to stay angry...and for what...??

Manik – What do you mean for what...You thought I would put your reputation at stake...!!

Nandini – You know I didn't mean it that way Manik...Don't you think you reading too much into my words..??

Manik – Really...Am I...Then Why don't you explain it to me...Just a few days back you fought with me because I enrolled you in this competition and now if I am asking you to move out of it, we are still fighting. I am confused.. What do you actually want for us and most importantly for yourself I am so damn confused..!!

Nandini – Manik I was hesitant for this competition because of the timing, I mean I am in the final year of graduation and trust me this semester is very taxing, I did not wish to take up anything new at this time but that nowhere meant I do not wish to become a singer, Of course I do, I love singing and maybe someday in future I would take it up as a career option and this is why I do not wish to carry a reputation of being unreliable by backing out now.... Manik please try and understand backing out back then with you, was a safer option since many people weren't involved...if I back out now, at this stage, I would land up in the a big trouble since a lot is a stake, the even the people at Music connects would not appreciate it neither would the investors..Please try and understand Manik I have come way too far to say No.... Manik I know it is not going to be easy but with your support, I promise we will get through it... Manik please have faith in you, in me , in US..!!

Manik – Nandini...give me some time...I am too flustered to think and take a rational decision...!!

Nandini – I know...You can take as much time as you wish but please remember I won't be able to get through these testing times ahead without you around...I need you Manik...!!

Manik – Hmm..come I'll drop you home...!!

Manik opened the car door for Nandini, she looked at him before sitting in while Manik looked away. Once Nandini sat in, Manik closed the door and moved to the other side. He opened the door , sat on the driver's seat, started ignition and the silent ride to Nandini's hostel began. On reaching the hostel, Nandini waited in the car for a few minutes, with a hope that Manik would say something but her hopes shattered when she heard the car lock opening. She looked at Manik while his eyes were glued to the road. Tears brimmed in her eyes , she got off the car and walked straight to her hostel. On the way to the hostel gate, she heard his car's ignition being turned on and right at that moment her eyelids gave up as they couldn't hold back the tears. The tears met her cheeks but she didn't turn around. She knew her tears would make Manik weak and might force him to take a decision which he did not wish to and that is why she just kept walking because she did not wish emotionally manipulate him into doing something against his wish. Even before, while discussing she had categorically put across her side and had allowed him to take the call. She had immense trust in him and in their relationship and she just wanted Manik to take a well thought decision without getting burdened with any emotional drama whatsoever.