29.2 Deja vu ??

This update is for srishti_chakraborty , a constant supporter of me and my stories, sorry for disappointing you time after time yet you never let my side. Thank you for that !! 

The update was supposed to be up by 5 today but I couldn't write much today owing to headache, however here's what is written, hope you like it..!!

Unedited !!

---------------

Back in Mumbai, Neyonika was busy instructing the workers at her home when someone hugged her from behind taking her by complete surprise. Scared for a second, she a took a few seconds to calm herself down for she not only realized who the person was but also being a mother understood that the hug was anything but a happy one. Placing her palm on the hands and other on the face of the hugger, she spoke;

Neyonika – Manik !! Bache you scared me !!

Manik – Sorry Chachi !! I didn't intended to (he spoke removing the hold around her waist, when Neyonika stopped him)

Neyonika – You seriously need to learn to let people finish their sentences. (She removed the hold, turned around and cupped his face) You did scare me but what's more important than that is something that's scaring my son...What's wrong ?? Is Nandini okay ??

Manik – She is fine now...but I am not sure if we are fine !!

Neyonika knew the troubles brewing between the couple, Mukti and Abhi had filled them in with the information. She wanted to speak with Manik but then hesitated to call him. Often in relationships, our mind creates lines not be crossed unless the one on the opposite side crosses the same for otherwise you might become too intruding in other's space. In Neyonika and Manik's case, six years ago the line was pretty blur to extent of non-existence but over the years it had thickened enough to be visible from distance. Neyonika knew it was her fault, she and Raj should have taken that step towards Manik after his parent's demise but they chose to heal themselves first and by the time they recovered, Manik had gone too far away. But then Neyonika was a mother and Manik was the first child who had introduced her to the feeling of motherhood though she wasn't the one who had given him birth. The hesitation she felt while calling him was the wakeup call. She knew though it was late, she can't just sit down and crib about it, she had to act to erase and make the line blur again and so late that night, she called up Manik asking him to come and meet her. However, the next day Manik had to fly down to Gurgaon owing to Nandini's health, so he called her on the way and promised to meet her as soon as he returned. All through the week, Neyonika had wondered on how to initiate the conversation with Manik, Should she go all guns blazing or go with the flow and gradually bring it up, realizing this to be another wake up call. Parents don't have to think twice while discussing issue with their kids but here the case was different. These wake up calls did nothing but strengthened her resolve to make things better and Manik's self-confession of the trouble just aided the entire process. Not wasting a single moment, she held Manik's hand and moved towards her room. However, just as she was about to turn left for her room, Manik dragged her towards the library for that had always been Chachi-Nephew spot. Manik had spent hours of his childhood and teenage with his Chachi at the little library she had made for herself, sometimes studying, sometime conversing, sometimes just sitting next to each other; this place always fascinated him.

Actions often speak louder than words. Neyonika noticed Manik's every single action, him dragging to her to library, then making her sit next to the window, followed by him placing his head on her laps and taking her right palm in his and placing her left one on his hairs directing her to gently caress them. A rush of memories hit her hard as she saw a glimpse of young Manik who loved talking to his aunt in their favourite spot, next to the window in the library. It was also an indication that unlike last few times ever since she tried to mend the distance, Manik was not shutting her out rather letting in.