28.5 Strings of love

Finally I hope you guys get to see the full part..The part ends with my regular signing off..

@srishti_chakraborty....This one is especially for you...Thank you for being patient and understanding my problem..Love you sweetheart..

5000 words

Happy Reading

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manik - Hold on everyone..!! Can anyone please tell me where is Nandini

Just then Rishabh came running down the stairs

Rishabh - Di is not in her room..I checked everywhere

Abhi - What do you mean by she is not in her room..she went upstairs to her room..none of us saw us coming down..where can she go unless the stairs take her to somewhere else

Manik- To the terrace..Rishabh did you check the terrace..??

Rishabh - No Manik bhaiya..I'll just go..!!

Chacha - Hold on Rishabh..!! Manik you go..she won't say anything to any of us right now..!!

As if waiting for someone to say it, Manik rushed upstairs in a nanosecond and true to his instincts he found his love standing there intently gazing at the stars. He took a deep breath and took a few steps to stand next to her. They stood there in silence for good ten minutes until Nandini spoke

Nandini - My parents used to live in Delhi when my mom was pregnant with me..5 days before my birth, Appa had gone to the station to pick up Chacha Chachi..they had just reached the last step of the overbridge when they heard a blast on the platform they were at just a few minutes ago..they just escaped death by a whisker..Everyone took a sigh of relief when they saw them alive at hospital where Mom was admitted..they thought I was the lucky charm that saved their lives but that was until i was born and Aththai asked one of her trusted astrologers to make my horoscope, that's when all the hell broke loose..he said I am unlucky for my parents..Appa countered it by citing the blast escape as an example but the astrologer apparently said that I was reason the blast happened and it was their good fortune that saved them..!!

Manik - What rubbish..!!

Nandini - I know that was exactly what Appa said...I mean that's what Amma told me and Abhi when Aththai blamed me for Amma Appa passing away...They were returning from an event..I was alone at home with the servants..Appa was posted in Hyderabad at that time..there was this Kulfi vendor in Ameerpet whose Kulfi was my favourite..it was getting late at night so Appa called on landline from one of the telephone booths, mobiles were not that popular at that time..he asked me if I had dinner and finished my homework.. I replied in positive and asked him to come home early...he said they are on the way, asked me to watch television and they will be home by the time my favourite cartoon ends..then I spoke with mom for a few seconds..Happily I disconnected the call not knowing that this would be the last conversation I was having with them..about an hour later the landline rang again and my world turned upside down in a few seconds...Amma Appa had met with an accident about 50 mtrs from the Kulfi Shop...Apparently they drove to the shop to get kulfi for me but trust me Manik I didn't ask them to get Kulfi...I just wanted them back home, that's all...but they never came back..Eversince then, Aththai blames me for their demise, in her words...I am "Bad Luck"and she wants me to stay away from the Abhi's wedding because apparently it is because of my presence that the garlands to be used for the wedding got dried out...!!

Manik – Dried Out...I mean how..??

Nandini – By mistake one of the attendants kept the basket, here on the terrace and the flowers got dried up...and so