26.3 Growing Closer (C)

Here you go with the update...

pani_possible...long ago, you had once requested for a jealousy track, right now when I working on scenes, it fitted in perfectly...hope you like my interpretation..!! :) :)

@khadija_f... a little more of care coming up...Hope you like it

Disclaimer - The next part would be the last in the scenes category...let me know in case you've any special requests..!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------- Scene 3 --------------------------------------

Weekend had knocked on the door and Mukti had indulged herself in a telephonic conversation with Manik

Mukti (on call) – Manik where are you...??

Manik – Mukti...I am in an ad shoot..!!

Mukti – Shoot...but today is a holiday..??

Manik – I know my dear sis...Actually I got a call from the brand for a special request..the sequence to be shot is a part of their campaign...and due to some changes the campaign has to GoLive in the coming week..so had to shoot today... Don't worry I'll be free by dinner..!!

Mukti – That you will have to be...Aray since tomorrow the elders too shall join, we thought of having some time together as a gang before heading for the dinner....infact everyone is here except you...!!

Manik – Ohho...No worries...You guys enjoy, I'll join you as soon as I get free..!!

Mukti explained Manik's unavailibilty to the gang. Just when their grim expressions could change the happy mood, Cabir had his " Eureka" moment. He called up Manik,

Manik (picking up a call) – Haan Cabir...sorry yaar I won't be able to come...Have explained to Mukti...The shot is ready I have to go..I'll talk to you later...byee...!!

Cabir – Hello Manik...wait..listen...!!

But before Cabir could say anything, Manik disconnected the call

Abhi – Did Manik just hang up on you...??

Cabir – He did and he's gonna pay for it..!!....How dare he hang up on me...!!

Navya – You sound like a nagging girlfriend right now and Manik hung up for unlike you, he had some actual work to do..!! (Cabir made a grumpy face while Navya rolled her eyes while laughing at him)

Dhruv – Good one Navya..Nonethless, Cabir, why did you call Manik at first place...??

Cabir – Umm, Nandini listen can you please get a me a glass of water,

Nandini – Sure Cabir..!!

Navya – W...(Before she could say anything, Cabir stopped Navya by holding her hand)

Nandini – Haan Navya...you were saying something..!!

Navya – (puzzled not knowing what to say)... Can you get me a glass too...I too am feeling thirsty..!!

Alya – Ya actually me too..

Mukti – Count me as well..!!

Dhruv – I too won't mind a glass of water...

Nandini (turning to Abhi) – Don't you need it as well Abhi...??

Abhi (making a puppy face) – only if it isn't much of a trouble..!!