28.2 - Strings of Love

Hi...Sorry for not being around for a long time but was pre-occupied with a lot of things on personal and professional front...On the top of that the stupid writer block too added up for the delay...Anyways here's a new part...you wont find not much of Manik and Nandini in this part since the part is dedicated to Cabir and Navya...Hope you like it..

Warning - Not proof read...!!

---------------------------

Manik and Nandini finished their breakfast with necessary pecks and love talks. They were relaxing in the lobby when Nandini received a message from Mukti asking her to join them for dress trials.

Nandini – Manik, Mukti has planned for trials, I think I will join them...even Amms and Dadi are coming.

Manik – Hmm..Okay...is Navya joining you too..??

Nandini – Yup that's what Mukti says...!!

Manik – Cool in that case, I would go to Cabirs after dropping you at the boutique..I wanted to have a conversation with him without Navya being around..!!

Nandini – I think you should...Cabir needs his best friend now more than ever....Cool then, let me grab my bag and we will head out..!!

Manik – Umm...Nandini..!!

Nandini – Don't worry Manik I shall take care of Navya...and will call you in case of any emergency,

Manik – Thank you and I love you..!!

Nandini – I love you too..!!

Soon, Manik and Nandini left for the boutique. On reaching the boutique, Manik met the ladies gang and quickly moved to Cabir's place in order to escape from the teasing that he and Nandini were being bestowed upon.

On reaching Cabir's place, he was welcomed by Cabir's parents.

Manik – Hello Uncle...Where is Cabir..??

Cabir's Dad – He is upstairs in his room...Good that you are here Manik, Cabir told us last night that you and Nandini are aware of Navya's condition. You know how Cabir is...While his smile is for the world, his pain is all for himself.

Cabir's Mom – Basically he is your clone Manik...probably that is why you both handle each other the best..We came here last night with a hope that he would share it with us but..

Words failed Cabir's Mom as she got emotional remembering her kid's pain. Manik stepped forward and hugged her.

Manik – Don't worry Aunty....I will speak with him...But you guys can't feel weak especially now because Navya and Cabir need your support more than ever...Navya will be fine soon...Don't worry..!!

Cabir's Mom and Dad – Amen..(and smile)

Manik – I will check on Cabir...!!

Nodding his head, he moved ahead to Cabir's room. He knocked twice but not getting reply from inside, he turned the knob and pushed the door open. On entering the room, he found Cabir sitting on the bed lost while his eyes were glued to the laptop screen on his lap. Manik silently closed the door and reached next to him with two long and quick steps.

Cabir's trance was broken when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned his head and Manik's concerned eyes were enough to act as a trigger for the tears to flow, the tears that he had forcefully held back all the time. He hugged Manik and cried his heart out while Manik too let him because he knew Cabir needed it. About a few minutes later, they broke apart and Manik wiped Cabir's tears. He passed Cabir a glass of water which Cabir gulped down in one go.