You're Injured

Ulfric Stormcloak: "You can put me down, it's only a sore ankle." You assured him, your arms hanging around his neck as he carried you bridal style. You had been attending court with him when a soldier knocked over a table, the items scattering under your feet making you trip and fall. The soldier was embarrassed and kept apologizing to you, to which you assured the man that it was okay, that accidents happened.

However Ulfric wasn't as kind, noticing your trouble to stand he easily picked you up, settling your form against him softly. After soothing out the wrinkles in your dress, he barked out orders for the man to clean up his mess and that court was over for the day. Now he was taking you to your bedroom, carefully dodging anything that might catch and hurt your foot again. "Ulfric love. I'm quite okay."

"You're having trouble standing, you are not okay. Plus you're bleeding." His voice gruff but full of worry as he sets you down on the soft bed.

"It's just scratches."

A maid enters with a bowl of water, a couple of clean cloths, and a healing potion before leaving. As Ulfric carefully slides your dress up to get to the ties of your shoes, he speaks up "Yet if they get infected? It could mean the death of you. I had enough of that worry when you fought by me in the war." Ever so carefully he examines the swollen ankle, before placing a cloth soaked in the healing potion over it. Moving to attend your scratches, his face grew soft. "I can not fathom living without you. You are so dear to me."

"Oh my bear, it will take more than a few scratches to take me away from you." Your lips meet his forehead as he finishes tending your wounds.

Jarl Balgruuf: His eyes shift from concern to anger, his hands hesitating as he reaches out to touch you. How did he let this happen to you? His brows crease further as he looks over you entirely. No doubt bruises would show soon, as there were some already beginning to form along your shoulders. The angry red welts that your arms gaining his attention for a moment as you flexed trying to get comfortable.

"Balgruuf." Your voice called softly, though it was hoarse from shouting and slightly off pitched as you held the cloth pinched to your bleeding nose. "I'm fine dear." You assure him.

"No you aren't." His eyes resting on your face, sadness and guilt over coming his features. "I should have protected you." He sighed, bending down to rest his head in your lap. "Forgive me. I should have protected you better, I should have expected such actions and been there myself fighting in your place."

"Irileth wouldn't have let you join in." You meant to say it teasingly, trying to coax a smile out of him.

"To Oblivion with what Irileth thinks!" He shouted, jerking up to look at your face. "You are my life! And look at you, beat up by a bunch of drunken men!"

"Hey now!" You dropped the cloth from your nose. "I did beat the hell out of them, well most of them before she joined in."

"So?! You should have never gotten hurt in the first place and I should have fought them instead of her. What kind of a man am I if I can't protect you?"

"You're a kind, compassionate, and caring man." You reply, pulling him close, ignoring the small sensations of pain as he accidentally hits welts. "Plus you're a rather attractive man that I get to call mine."

You feel his chest jostle as he snorts, "Well I guess there is that. But still I should have fought for you."

"Tell you what, next time that happens you can fight them for me if its that important to you."

His lips seek yours, "It is, and I will fight them. I'll make them see the error of their ways for you love." Smiling you kiss him back gently, both of you taking care not to hurt you any more. "Now where is your housecarl? I need to speak to her about keeping you out of trouble."