They get injured part 2

Ondolemar: "Please dear, just come back later. I don't feel well." He spoke, never looking at you. His posture stiff and unnatural. "You should go to your home and rest for a while."

"My home is wherever you are." You take a step closer, watching how he tensed before wincing slightly. "Besides I know you're lying. You're not sick, but something is wrong." Very gently you placed your hand on his shoulder, eyes imploring him to turn around and face you. "Ondolemar please."

He sighed before turning, you gasped. A swollen gash fell across his nose and down his cheek. A rather large bruise peeking from the collar of his robes. "What happened?!" Your voice laced with panic, hands fluttering over the wound.

"Forsworn." He grimaced, "Honestly I'm a lot better than I was earlier." Ondolemar attempted to soothe you, but that wasn't going to work.

"Lie down on the bed, remove your robes."

"Demanding aren't you?" He asked as you fetched the strongest healing potion you had and a couple of clean cloths. At your look he chuckled softly but undressed to his leather pants, carefully not to aggravate the bruises on his chest.

Rolling you eyes at his comments, you tenderly washed the gash. Thick crimson liquid staining the cloth for a while, till at last it stopped. His skin less pink around it. "Please tell me that you killed them all."

"Of course. Do you doubt my power?" Ondolemar looked at you incredulously.

"No." Looking over the bruises you found there was nothing to do but let them heal on their own. "I was just wondering if I was going to have to go kill some very unlucky people for hurting you."

His finger titled your chin up, his lips pressing to yours briefly. "That's unnecessary love. Though I could use some cuddling to help deal with this horrible day."

Beaming you lay down beside him, curling up to him before frowning. "Ondolemar, next time you try and lie to me about being hurt I'm going to hurt you."

"Wouldn't that be pragmatic?"

"Listen I love you and your superiorly bred mer butt. But I don't love you lying to me when your hurt, I care for you and seeing you hurt upsets me. It only upsets me more knowing that you tried to lie to me."

Kissing rain over your forehead, sweet and quick. "Forgive me. I promise I will not make that mistake again."

"Good."

Mercer: "Hold still!" You snap as Mercer tries to wiggle from your grasp.

"I don't need to be babied! Let me go! I'm a grown man and I have a guild to run!" He growled, making another attempt to escape.

"You're acting like a child! If you would just let me take care of you it would already be over and you could be doing whatever!" Irritated you smack the back of his head. "I will ground you Mercer, just like you did me."

"Woman! I said let me go!" You could feel his body wince as he once again tried to escape.

"Fine!" You huffed releasing him and began to stalk off. "You know I wonder if that new recruit needs any help. Oh what's his name? The green eyed one-"

"Okay." He mumbled, finally sitting still as he looked you. "Come help me."

"Haden! That's his name! Come to think of it he said he could use help practicing hand to hand combat-"

"Y/N, come help me. I'm hurt and I need your help." His words louder this time, more annoyed and a bit of anger growing in them.

"Of course I'm going to have to teach him to stretch properly-"

"Hey!" At this outburst you turn around looking innocent. "Please come help me. I really do hurt." He softens his tone, pouting slightly. "I need you more."

"Oh Mercer." You chuckle, briskly walking back over to him. Picking up the wet cloth you go back to wiping away the blood from his cuts and split lip. "You should know better than to fight bandits." You comment once your work is done.

He slips his shirt back on, chuckling lightly. "It honestly could have been a better fight. But I know, I know. I should have avoided getting hurt at all." Mercer grabbed your hand, letting you lead him out into the cistern.

"Yes you should have."

"Sorry my little sneak." He said before elbowing someone in the ribs as you passed them. "Watch yourself." He growled at them, you giggled softly as you knew full well who it was.

"Mercer, I love you."

"I love you too."