"You've been gone far too long." Part 1

Balgruuf: The heavy gate creaked as you pushed it open, seeming to take all your strength. You sighed, pushing yourself further into Whiterun. The fire danced in their containers, lighting the path for you. It was little past midnight, you thought of just stopping in Breezehome for the night but the thought of warm arms waiting made you keep on.

Guards nodded to you as you walked the path, few words exchanged here and there. How you had missed the city, the people here, the atmosphere, how it was truly home. You crossed the bridge into the Wind district, stopping a moment at the Gildergreen tree. The leaves rustled in the soft night wind, the sound bringing a wave of relief over you. Turning you headed toward the stairs, feet slowly making their way up them. A few moments and you were crossing the bridge, the door a very welcoming sight.

Pushing past it, you blinked letting your eyes adjust to the light before warm arms enveloped you, holding you tightly against his chest. The scent of leather and mulled spices reaching your nose, wrapping you in them. Your arms wrapped around him, clutching the back of his robes. Sweet loving kisses were pressed eagerly against your skin, soaking you in affection. “You've been gone far too long.” His rich voice finally says, “I've missed you so much my love.”

“I've missed you too.” You reply, unable to keep tears from springing to your eyes. “I've missed you so very much.”

“Don't cry.” Balgruuf hushes, pulling back to look at you. “You're home, where you belong.” Pulling you with him, he headed up the stairs. “Come on love, let's get to bed.”

“That sounds lovely.”

Your footsteps fall beside his, creating a rhythmic sound. You looked up at him, studying him for a moment. He noticed this and turned, pressing his lips to your forehead fleetingly. “Balgruuf? How did you know I was out here? That I was back? Shouldn't you be asleep?”

His cheeks dusted red in the moonlight, “I have been waiting for you so anxiously that the guards informed me upon you entering the gates.” He chuckled at himself before smiling grandly. “And I am very glad they did.”

Rose lips slipped into a smile, making tired eyes crinkle at the edges. “I am too, my love. I am too.”

Savos Aren: Trudging up the icy stairs proved a bit of a challenge in the cold breaking morn. A soft curse passing through your lips as you yet again slipped into a wall. Perhaps you should convince them to move the college elsewhere. Maybe somewhere warm, at least warmer than Winterhold.

With a sigh you left the wall and started up the stairs again, finally making it into the courtyard. A few older students recognized you, waving as they walked to classes. Others gathering around in different places, going over new spells. The sight causing a flood of pride to fill your chest. A warm smile graced your lips as familiar arms pulled you into an embrace. Tucking you against him, Savos hid both of you out of sight. His lips capturing yours, taking your breath away.

When you had to part, foreheads rested against each other. Noses lightly touching as you basked in the warmness of love. “You've been gone far too long.” He murmurs, shifting pull you closer. “I've missed you my gem.”

“I've missed you too, sorry for it taking longer than I thought.”

“No need to apologize, I understand.” Savos quietly stepped back, his hand moving to hold yours. “I'm just glad you're home.”

“Me too. There is nowhere I would rather be.” With a smile, you walked around the edge of the courtyard, filling him in on all of the details of your work. Him relating the current standing and news of the college as he followed you up the steps to your quarters. When you finally made it in, his arms swept you off your feet, gracefully carrying you to the bed. “Savos!” You laughed as he laid you down, his body covering yours.