They propose to you Part 1

Jarl Balgruuf: It was a beautiful day in the keep, the clouds had seem to part and leave the sky open and clear. You were leaning on the ledge of your private balcony, happily soaking up the sun when strong loving arms wrapped around your waist. “Lovely day isn't it?”

“Yes, but not as lovely as you.” He replied, resting his head on your shoulder. For a few peaceful minutes you both stood, idly watching the town below. “I have an idea, why don't you take the children out for a picnic, take Lydia and a couple of the guards with you, and I'll meet you out there when I’m done with the meeting.”

“That sounds wonderful, I'll ask the maids to pack lunch while I gather the children.” You smiled, placing a kiss on his cheek. “Do hurry though, I want you out with me to enjoy this weather.”

“Of course.” The next few minutes saw you gathering up the three, with cheers echoing through the halls. And finding a few enthusiastic guards to accompany you, the group then hurried out the door. Lydia had the foresight to get the heavily packed basket and blankets before meeting you there. Thankful you had picked a soft and loose tunic and woolen leggings, you breathed in the air deeply as you held onto Dagny’s hand, walking lazily along the rolling hills.

Settling down in field on flowers you watched as the Frothgar and Nelkir play fought with sticks, you and Dagny braiding flower crowns together while cheering for them. Every so often you would turn and engage Lydia in conversation, the guards chiming in once in awhile. You had just pulled out lunch when a warm greeting called out, causing the children to run to meet him.

Balgruuf laughed heartily as he embraced them, graciously accepting his flower crown from Dagny. Beaming he came to join you, Irileth following in his wake before settling beside Lydia. “I see you have a crown yourself.” Balgruuf mused, taking the offered tankard.

“Of course, Dagny made it for me. How could I not?” You reply, leaning against him. Balgruuf smiled broadly at you, before beginning to exchange banter with his children and the guards. As lunch concluded, Lydia and Irileth took the kids out on an adventure (which was to find out what that cool rock cropping had in store) while the guards took farther away positions giving both of you some privacy.

Happily you cuddle into his side, content to not speak and enjoy his company. Humming softly he placed a sweet kiss on your forehead before speaking. “You know that I love you, right?”

“Yes I do.” You replied, quirking an eyebrow at him. “Where is this coming from?”

“Can a man not speak from his heart?” Balgruuf asked, “For it is from my heart, one that you have wrapped around your finger. I cannot express how much you have done for me in my life since you’ve came. You have brought me great joy and laughter, you have brought me closer to my children, you’ve become a loving mother to them, you've taken my city under your wing and protect me and my people with the fiercest of love. You've mended my old broken heart back together, you've made my days full of light again, and it means so much to me that I will never have enough words to tell.”

With soft movements he reaches into his tunic and pulls out an amulet around his neck. Your eyes widen as you realize what it is. “That's why I'm wearing this, I would be honored if you would continue to light my life. Please (Y/N) (L/N), will you marry me?”

“Yes!” You yell, without a moment's hesitation, embracing him fully. “A thousand times yes!” A loud whoop of excitement is heard as he holds you tighter, kisses raining over your face before hungrily meeting yours. Parting when you run out of breath he murmurs soft affections, partily praising the gods for this gift.

Savos Aren: It was unusually cold outside, more so than normal to say the least. Soft pats of your footsteps floating in the air as you busily worked on an experiment. Savos smiled at you from time to time before going back to his study, though his thoughts were far from it.