You fight Part 1

Jarl Balgruuf: You could feel the tears burning at your eyes as you glared at him, your jaw clenched. He bore a look similar to yours, but it showed his tiredness and guilt. "I can't allow it."

"Bull! You love her more than me!" You snapped, feeling the tears now slip down your cheeks. Balgruuf could feel his heart break, his hand nervously running through his hair.

"I do not love her! I love you! I promise Irileth is only coming because she's sworn to protect me." He stood, walking toward you. "I promise you, it's only that."

"Really? Then how come it was only the two of you behind that locked door? Why is it when I show interest in something I'm being pushed away? Why is it that Balgruuf? Explain that to me." You trembled as the feeling of betrayal ran through you, anger hitting a second wave.

"This meeting is strictly for Jarls, if I could take you believe me I would in a heartbeat. Irileth is only coming as part of her duty." He took a step closer, frowning at you when you took a step back. "As for the locked doors....its....personal."

"Personal?" You repeated back, the tone making him immediately regret his words.

"Love-"

"Oh no please, don't let me bother you and your 'personal' time with your 'friend'. In fact why don't you two enjoy some more 'personal' time on your trip? And maybe for the rest of your life." With those words you quickly left the keep, not bothering to heed anyone's calls as you left the hold.

Savos Aren: "This isn't funny Y/N hand it back." Savos's red eyes bore into yours urging you to hand the stupid book back over.

"I never said it was funny." You replied smoothly, the book dangling from your fingers above the fire. "But I'm not handing it back, it's killing you."

He scoffed, before taking a step closer, hissing as you dropped the book lower to the flames. "It is not killing me, you're killing me with your constant bickering and nagging about."

You quirked an eyebrow at him, anger blooming in your chest. "Oh I'm sorry, heavens forbid I care about you."

He grimaced, guilt flashing across his face. "That's not what meant."

"Oh yes it is. I'm so sorry that I care about you Savos, that I've been reminding you to eat and sleep so you won't die. I'm absolutely sorry about me trying to be loving, here take your book back. I'm sure it will keep you warm in the nights and help keep you wonderful company."

Seething you chunked the book at him, the resound 'oof' making you feel slightly better as you stomped out into the grounds.

Ondolemar: "I said no, you are not going anywhere near that ruin. It's far to dangerous and you'll only end up getting into trouble. You are not going." Ondolemar snapped, "That is final!"

"And why not?! I'm completely capable of protecting myself! Encase you forgot I take down dragons as part of my daily job, so I think I can handle whatever a ruin decides to throw at me. Besides the last time I checked we aren't married, so I don't have to listen to you."

"Y/N, you aren't going and that's final." Ondolemar's eyes flashed with anger. "I can't and won't allow you to get tangled up in that affair."

"And I won't allow myself to be treated like some insignificant being!" You yelled, slamming your fists onto the desk. "Just because you're a Mer doesn't mean you're actually all high and mighty. Just because I'm different than you does not mean you can treat me like this!" Biting your lip to keep from yelling more you turn and head towards the door. "Maybe you can come talk to me when you have the time and I have time oh superior one."