They Can't Sleep Part 2

Mercer: The table laid littered with maps, blueprints, and odd notes as he bent over examining them. Stress and tiredness causing his scowl to be deeper than normal, though the feeling of warm arms wrapping around his waist caused it to lighten. "Hello my sneak thief." He murmered, his eyes still scanning the papers.

"Fox." You whine, sleepily. "Come back to bed. It's too....late?.....early? Whatever it is, it's time to be in bed and not awake."

Mercer straightens, turning in your grasp to hold you. "I couldn't sleep." He supplied, his fingers snaking up to your hair, to gently play with the silky strands. You could feel the tension start to ebb away from him as he held you.

"What's keeping you awake?" Worry tinting your voice, your breath tickling his neck as you rested there.

"Oh wouldn't you like to know." He teased, pressing an equally teasing kiss to the corner of your lips.

"Mercer." He laughed at the soft scolding tone that fell with your words.

"It's just business love."

"Oh? What kind of business?" Eyes playfully glared up at him, before raking over his face. "You're overworking yourself again my Grey Fox."

Mercer shifted, letting you glance down at the mess on the table. His body tensing again as he avoided the acquisition. "This haul. If we can get it, we'll move to having 45% payed back." Removing himself from you he situated some markers and moved a couple. "It will be incredibly risky, but worth it. I just have to get a few more details planned out first."

"That's great. The details can wait till morning. Now tell me what's really got you awake and so tense." Mercer went to protest but knew he couldn't, not when you knew him so well.

"It was just a bad dream." At your quirk of an eyebrow he continued. "You refused to love me, after you found out everything I've done. You told me you didn't love me anymore, and meant it."

Within a moment, he was wrapped in a tight embrace. You pressed sweet lingering kisses on his lips, face, anywhere you could reach. Mercer reciprocating in the same manner, his hands holding you close to him. "That will never happen, never I swear it. I love you so very much, I love you."

"I know, I know. But-" Mercer started to protest, but the way your arms held him and how those eyes that he adored met his, it made his knees go weak and his heart skip a beat. To which he has still yet to figure out why you have this ability on him, but it also occurs to him that he doesn't care as long as he gets to keep seeing this exact look. Your eyes holding a hint of concern, but mostly fiery determination and the thing that stuns him the most undeterred love. "I love you and I will always love you. Don't doubt me."

He felt the tension drain from his body as he kissed your forehead. "I don't doubt you. It's just hard to face my demons sometimes."

"Then we'll face them together. Now come to bed with me."

"If you insist."

"I do, and a couple of kisses to. As payment for making me wake up and be worried at such an ungodly hour." Your answer was a chuckle as he lifted you in his arms, kissing you with love and adoration. The moment that your bodies connected to the bed, limbs tangled up, curling as close as you could to each other. Then a few soft stolen kisses, and then the sound of even breathes and light snores filled the air. "I love you Mercer." You finally whisper as you drift off to join him in slumber.

Nazir: The soft light from the fire danced a crossed his face, the food in front of him gone cold long ago and the drink now lukewarm in its cup. He huffed, bring his folded hands under his chin. "You okay love?" His eyes flickered up, a tired smile causing the corners to crinkle.