To Keep or to Take a Life (Oneshot)

You were tired, annoyed, and anxious. The insane laughter echoing through the abandoned sanctuary. Another spectral appeared in front of you, to which you easily dispatched in record time. “Oh how I could kill you.” You muttered, stabbing another spectral through the chest.

“The dreaded father does not wish it. And our Mother does not wish it as well.” Lucien intoned, causing you to glare over your shoulder.

“He broke one of the tennets, he meant to kill Astrid and in doing so he wounded two more brothers.” You replied, turning to face him. “So that's three strikes.”

Lucien quickly darted forward, his ghostly blade slipping into a chest of another spectral. “That is true, and they have left it up to your judgement. To keep or to take his life." His semi-transparent eyes leveling to yours. “But perhaps you should stay aware of your surroundings as well.”

You huffed at his remark, walking down to the freezing tunnel. “Just keep up with me.” The snow crunched under your feet, as you continued on with your mission. Ignoring the taunts that came from the jester.

As you rounded the corner, an ugly beast roared and lunged. “Listener!” Lucien warned, as you stumbled back letting his blade strike the creature first. You both fought against the beast, winning in a short matter.

“I've had enough of his game!” You bolted through the rest of the tunnels, throwing open the door. Cicero laid on the ground, curled up, laughing.

“Oh Cicero is not surprised at his Listener! I did attack that strumpet! I did, I did!” He admitted, gripping tighter to the wound that bled out. “But let me live! Tell her you strangled me with my own intestines!” He pleaded. “But if you kill me, then I won't fight you, no no more.”

Storming over to him, you trembled angry and hurt. His eyes looked up at you seeming to understand his fate, looking sane for a moment. A loud slap echoed through the room as you hit him, before falling to your knees crying. “You idiot! You idiot!” Pulling a healing potion from your satchel, you shakingly held it to his lips. “Did you even think about me?! Did you even think about what I would do if you died?!”

Cicero chugged the potion, his hands slipping to hold onto you. “Listener please, Cicero is sorry.” He held you as you cried, “Cicero would never leave his Listener.”

“Promise me, you’ll be okay.”

“Of course. The Keeper and the Listener will always be together. Cicero loves Y/N.”

“I love you too, now please rest. I have to think of how I'm going to fix this.” Cicero gladly laid against you, making you feel safe again at last.