Urag Oneshot

I DID THE THING OMG I DID THE THING GUYS.

NerdyBooks11 I WILL TAKE THOSE SEPTIMS NOW

It was quiet in the library, the warm flickering glow of the candles made souls feel at peace. The occasional rustle of pages was the only soft sound in his domain. Urag sighed quietly, his eyes drifting over to your figure huddled in the corner.

He huffed softly to himself, going back to his work. A few minutes passed before he glanced up at you, watching how you turned the page with tender care. Urag watched with amusement as the small ball of light hovering over you began to fade, a lazy wave of your hand cast another light. You never looked up from the book, your bottom lip slipping beneath your teeth as the words captivated your attention.

Urag’s eyes widened at the sight, feeling something stir in his old bones. A rather loud snort emitted from his lips, as he shook his head. No, he couldn't feel that way about you, he was far too old and you were far too pretty to fall for an orc like him. Besides he had his books and his quiet library, what more could he want.

He continued to write across the page before the quill in his hand froze in it's graceful movements. Wait a moment, did he just call you pretty? Perhaps it was time to call it a night.

Tidying up his workspace, which tool mere seconds, he began his trek over to you snuffing out a few candles on his way. Coming to rest behind you, he waited a moment before trying to speak to see if you registered his presence. Though before he could open his mouth you spoke; “I have twelve pages left and I swear if you ruin it for me I will kill you.”

Urag stood shocked, his hand half raised to grab your shoulder. “I think I love you.” The words slipping past his lips before he could stop them. He tensed, about to turn and stalk away, the divines help him possibly by opening the ground to swallow him whole.

“I don't know if I love you yet, but I do like you.” You reply, turning with a slightly pink face due to your blush. “Maybe after a couple of dates I might love you.”

“You would date me?” You nearly giggled at his bewildered look before he composed himself.

“Of course, who wouldn't?”

Honestly many would, he thought to himself. But shaking his head he finally smiled. “Then finish the book while I finished closing for the night, perhaps after that we could go get a drink or two?”

“Sounds perfect.” You smile before turning back to your book. The sounds of soft happy humming meeting your ears.

Okay so let's talk about this guy. Yes he loves books morethan anything. But picture this you become like his everything because FINALLY he has someone he can connect too. He treats you like a queen, he's so loving and protective of you.

You come in upset because someone did or said something about you. He goes out of the way to make their life a living hell when they walk into the library. If they go to far with hurting you he bans them from the library, and it takes Mirabelle, Savos, and you to talk him into letting them back in.

When you get mad at each other he ruins the ending to whatever book you're reading at the moment while you hide all the keys to those bookcases around the college. Forcing him to hunt them down, sometimes making him talk to others.

You put up with all his habits and in return he puts up with yours. You've gotten him to be more social but you understand when he needs his space. Those nights finds you both in the library curled up together with a book or you sitting on his desk reading while does his work.

I just think he's kinda cute and would be pretty precious. But idk.