Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Ma’leek’s P.O.V

I am awoken to my phone alarm going off. Yay School today. "Allie, I dibs first shower." I groan.

Allie skips into the room, "How can you have first shower if I've already had one?" I can hear a smile in her voice.

I look up at her, what's with you and towels?" I ask looking away again. Of course she's wearing a towel, how did I not expect that.

I get up and go for a shower. I am in and out. I got dressed in my new clothes that Allie bought me yesterday and head downstairs.

Jacoba is up and is cooking herself breakfast of eggs and toast, it smelled good but didn't feel like eating eggs. I am just beginning to eat my breakfast, of a banana and yoghurt, when Allie came bouncing down the stairs fully dressed.

"Morning babe," she says stealing Jacoba's breakfast, "thank you for breakfast." Allie was grinning as she sits down next to me. I hear Jacoba sigh and break some eggs into the pan, then put bread in the toaster.

"So are we walking or am I driving you?" Jacoba asks as she sit down with her breakfast.

"Hmm, walk I think," Allie answers as she stuffs her mouth with eggs and toast, "What do you think Ma leek?" she asks me, her voice slightly muffled.

"Walking sounds good, yup sure. We will have to leave soon though." I state, feeling smart.

"Let's go now!" Allie yells as Jacoba finished her breakfast. She nods and loads the dishwasher. Once she is done we leave.

We get to school about five minutes before the bell is due to go. We all go off in different directions to our lockers. Mine closest to Allie's and my homeroom. I get lots of looks as I walk through school. I’m use to the looks but these were different, like nobody knew who I was.

The bell rings and I enter the classroom and sit at the back, Allie joins me a few minutes later. We play on our phones until Miss Dutch comes stomping in, she doesn't look happy.

"Morning class," she groans, "only Ma’leek and Beca away again I see." she scans the room.

"No, I'm here ma'am." I smile putting my hand up. Everyone stares at me, it was like nobody recognizes me. No one.

"Who are you?" she asks sounding almost bored, "are you new?"

"No, I've been in this class since I started at this school four years ago. I have a name, I think it's something like Mark or Ma'leek or something. Like seriously how do you not recognize me, this is my natural hair colour, I changed it back and you don't fucking recognize me?" I almost shout and stare at Miss Dutch who stares intently back, scanning my face. "Oh and I got new clothes." I scowl motioning to the jean shorts and white tank top I was wearing.

"Ah, nice to have you back Ma’leek." Miss Dutch went back to the role. "So just Beca away then?" she asks the class.

"Um, no Travis is away ma'am," someone at the front of the class said. All I could think was who the fuck is Travis, actually who the fuck are these people, I've never met these people before. And if I have, I've never got to know them.

I run my hand through my hair and bang my head on the desk, leaving it there until the bell rings. "Ma’leek would you stay after, class dismissed."

Everyone rushes out, apart from me. I am left alone in a class with Miss Dutch, the school cougar, just my luck. Miss Dutch shuffles some paper, looks up, smiles and motions for me to come up.

"Ma'leek, is everything okay at home? You haven't been here in days and now you've changed your look?”

****************

Wow I'm so sorry I haven't up dated in soooooooooooo long, I couldn't be bothered because I have no motivation in this story because I only have six votes, no comments and one follower.

So I'm not going to up date again until I get at least 5 votes and some comments. Setting the bar low people.

Dakota_Shy.