Chapter 1

Liliana's pov

I pulled my wavy light brown hair into a tight ponytail while looking at my reflection in the mirror. I had on a simple white sweater and jeans, nothing fancy since I would just be changing into scrubs as soon as I made it into work. I found my black overcoat and put it on, getting ready to enter the cool October temperatures of Seattle. I got in my car and drove to the hospital which was only 10 minutes away from Meredith's house where I was currently staying. I was not looking forward to today at all. The Mercy West residents would officially be invading Seattle Grace Hospital. As soon as I got to work I could tell it was going to be a busy day because the hospital was full. I started running to the locker room to get dressed until I collided with something solid making me fall to the ground.

"Watch where you're going." I huffed looking up to be met with the most gorgeous eyes I had ever seen which normally would have impressed me, but when I saw he was wearing orange scrubs I automatically knew he was one of the Mercy West residents.

"I'm so sorry let me help you. Are you hurt? I'm a doctor I can..." He began to say before I cut him off.

"No, I'm fine. Just watch where you're going pretty boy." I said standing up before I continued to the locker room and walked straight to my locker.

"Who pissed in your cereal?" Cristina asks seeing the frown on my face.

"I'm just not in the mood." I shrugged. "I can't believe this is what Seattle Grace has come to. A merger that requires some of its most loyal residents to be thrown away like garbage for residents who can't even pay attention long enough to keep from knocking people down in the hallway." I complained while getting dressed.

"Relax, you're not going anywhere. You're Shepherds golden resident." Alex says.

"That is true." I smirked before I hearing the door open. I see pretty boy and a couple of other Mercy West doctors walk in behind him.

"Oh great." Cristina mumbles when she sees them. The short red headed girl came over and started to put her things into George's vacant locker located right next to mine.

"Could you not put your stuff in there?" I asked looking over at her. George has been dead for a month now, but he was my person. I didn't want to see his spot and everything that was his getting replaced like he never existed. He was a real person. He was here and he couldn't just be erased. I still haven't let him go even though it felt like everyone else was moving on like he never existed. I know that I can't expect everyone to sit at home depressed. George wouldn't want that. It just didn't feel fair that we were going on with our lives while he was gone. I needed to do everything possible to keep his memory alive, to make sure that he was never forgotten.

"Well, Chief Webber said to pick an empty cubby and this looks empty to me." She shrugged.

"She asked you nicely. Just take your crap out." Izzie glared at her.

"Who's going to make me?" The red head asked confidently.

"That's it." I said feeling anger rush through my body before lunging at her. Lucky for her Alex held me back and dragged me out of the locker room.

"Why did you do that? I was going to beat her ass." I huffed angrily pushing a piece of hair out of my flushed face.

"That's exactly why. If we want to stay the top residents in this program we need to focus on surgeries not locker room fights." Cristina reminded me.

"I'm so fed up." I said blowing out my breath before storming away to find Owen so that he could tell us where he needs us at. I'm normally on Derek's service, but he's out today so I'm working with Owen. I was just hoping that things would run smoothly especially with all of these new clueless residents here now.