Chapter 63

I just want to start this chapter off by saying how much I appreciate the reads, votes, and comments for this book. I am very thankful of the continued support you all have showed.

Liliana's pov

"This storm will bring in a lot of casualties. We're gonna need to make room for them, so let's discharge all patients that can be. Post-op and long-term patients are gonna be transferred to Seattle Pres further inland. We're gonna bring in supplementals, water, food, meds, lighting. Uh, we're gonna be checking and refueling the backup generators.
As for you surgeons, push, postpone, or cancel all elective procedures until after this storm." Owen says as everyone stands gathered in front of the staircase while he explains the protocol for us to follow as we prep for the big storm heading towards Seattle.

"So we're cancelling surgeries now." Meredith frowns.

"Well you can afford to slow down a bit." Derek says.

"Derek, she's pregnant, not sick." I say.

"Thank you." Meredith smiles.

"She's very pregnant." He says to me. "You're three weeks away from your due date." He says looking at Meredith.

"Liliana." Alex says lowly, as he walks over to me.

"Yeah." I answer.

"I need your help. Come with me." He says before I follow him down the hallway.

"Alex, what's going on?" I ask.

"I brought him in a few hours ago.
He had a C.T. You were in surgery and I wanted to wait for you. You gotta help him." Alex says opening the door to reveal Jo's boyfriend Jason, who has obviously been badly beaten. "It's Chest Peckwell. I mean, Jason Myers." Alex says as I begin to examine him.

"What the hell happened?" I frown.

"Just fix him." Alex snaps.

"Alex, first off watch it. I'm doing you a favor, not the other way around. I'll do what I can, but I need some type of explanation before I start running test and get other people involved. If you did this, you need to let me know. I won't tell anyone. I'm on your side, just tell me what you need and I'll help you get out of this." I sigh.

"I didn't do this, I found him like this."

"Alex." I say.

"Liliana, I didn't do this. I swear." He says.

"Okay, I believe you." I say before paging Brooks who's on my service today, to have her meet me, so we can run test on the Jason.

"What happened?" Brooks asks Alex as she looks at the scans on the computer.

"Mind your business, your only concern should be those scans. What do they look like?" I ask.

"Like, someone super messed him up." She replies.

"Brooks, Dr. Shepherd and I have repeatedly told you that you need to start talking like a doctor." I frown.

"Um, temporal bone fracture with an epidural hemorrhage." She says rephrasing her words.

"How soon does the bleed need to be evacuated?" I ask.

"Like, yesterday." She says turning around and looking at me.

"Yeah, book an O.R. Let's get him up there." I say before she leaves to book the O.R.

"Make sure he doesn't die. You can't let him die, okay?" Alex says to me nervously.

"Don't worry, I'm going to handle this." I assure him, before leaving the room and prepping Jason for surgery a short while later and taking him to the O.R.