Chapter 12

Liliana's pov

I ended up staying at Meredith's for the first time in a while last night after Derek and I made up. I love staying with Jackson, but I missed my own bed and having all my friends in one house plus it's hard to get rest at Jackson's place because he's always trying to have sex. I woke up and did my hygiene then I got dressed for work. When I walk downstairs I see Derek and Lexie in the kitchen with some other guy I don't recognize.

"Hey Liliana, this is Alex's brother." Lexie says.

"Oh hey." I smile kind of noticing the resemblance.

"Hey, nice to meet you. I'm Aaron." He smiles.

"Are you sure you're Alex's brother? You seem so polite." I frown.

"Once people know that Alex and I are related I get that a lot." He chuckled.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Alex asks walking into the kitchen with Meredith behind him.

"Oh man, you got old." His brother jokes hugging him.

"Dude, what are you doing here?" Alex asks again.

"I had to drive to Portland on a job and since I was in the neighborhood." He says.

"Portland's not in the neighborhood." Alex says.

"It's three hours. I do three hours in my sleep." Aaron shrugs.

"Alex he's your brother, he's allowed to come say hi." Lexie says.

"If you're riding with me you need to go get your jacket before we're late." I say to Lexie so she'll stop prying into the conversation. Alex obviously wasn't exactly thrilled that his brother was there and I know that he has a complicated relationship with his family, so it was best for everyone not to overstep.

"Well it was very nice to meet you. I'm Lexie by the way." She says before going to get her stuff,

"I'm overdue for a visit. It's been 7 years." Aaron says.

"No, it has not." Alex shakes his head.

"Since you've been home, seven years." Aaron nods.

"You haven't been home in seven years?" Derek asks.

"Derek, how about you ride with me and Lexie to work." I say.

"Thank you." Alex mouths to me as Derek follows me out of the door. We get to work and I go get dressed in my scrubs before going to meet Webber. I'm on his service since Nelsons out today. April's also on his service today and I am not looking forward to spending the day with her at all. I find her extremely irritating.

I meet Webber and April in the patients room where she starts telling us her symptoms.

"So then a couple of days ago, we're at the grocery store, Gary and I. The next thing I know, I'm flat on my back in the frozen food section." The patient tells us.

"She fainted." Her husband says.

"And I have never fainted, I've never even seen anybody faint, I don't believe in fainting." She shakes her head.

"Did you hit your head?" Richard asks.

"I would've of if this one hadn't caught me." She smiles looking at her husband.

"Mrs. Clark is anemic and guaiac positive, so there's internal bleeding, which looks like its coming..." I say.

"From a friable tumor near the ampulla." April interrupts.

"Yes, thank you for that Dr. Kepner." I say sarcastically rolling my eyes.

"Dr. Swender told us the biopsy showed the cancer was back, but she said you might be able to take it out." Mr. Clark says.