Chapter 94

Liliana's pov

Whenever you're grieving people always tell you that as time passes you'll somehow be happy again, go back to being the you that you were before your world was flipped upside down. At the time it just sounds like a bunch of empty words because you can't picture anything past that moment, but the words aren't empty. Even though I'm not sure about the being happy again part, the part about time passing is true. Everyday you wake up and feel like it takes everything in you just to open your eyes, like time is just slowly dragging you along until one day you wake up and realize just how much time has passed and wonder how? How am I even still making it? How is life still going on? Until you come to the conclusion that that's just how life works. It doesn't matter whether you're happy or sad, dead or alive. Time keeps going and the world just keeps spinning. I realize this every morning as I wake up and realize that I'm somehow still surviving, even though my heart still bears the scars that were left there 2 months ago when George died. I'm still figuring out life daily. I have days where I cry all day while sitting in the nursery, I have days where I lay in bed paralyzed by my thoughts and feelings, and then I have days like today. Where I somehow manage to get out of the bed and make an effort to do my hair and makeup, make an effort to seem content while talking to Jackson before he leaves for work, and make an effort to portray that I have it all together even though I know that's not the case. I was currently sitting in the room folding laundry. I'd spent most of the morning cleaning and organizing the house, something I did to pass time while Jackson's at work. I still haven't returned to work yet. Every day lately I've kept telling myself that I would return to work the next day but I just haven't. I always plan on it, but when that day comes around I always talk myself out of it and tell myself I'm not ready, so I don't go. Thankfully Owens been really understanding and he's letting me take all of the time I need to recover. I finish folding clothes before putting them up and then beginning to make the bed. Just as I finish my phone starts ringing and I see that it's Jackson so I answer it.

"Hello" I answer

"Hey, what are you doing" he asks

"Organizing our house" I reply

"Oh okay" he says

"What's up, you sound like you have something to tell me" I say

"Yeah, I just wanted to let you know that Amelia's getting ready to operate on Herman's tumor. I thought maybe you'd want to be here" he says

"What? I thought she still had another month before she was going near that tumor" I frown

"The tumor shifted and she has to go in today" he says

"Wow. How is Amelia? Is she nervous? I mean of course she's nervous, this is a massive tumor" I say

"She's keeping it together. She should start soon so I'm going to go to the gallery. I'll text you and keep you updated" he says

"No, that's okay. I'm coming in" I say

"Are you sure" he asks

"Yeah, I'm not working I'm just going to be there to watch the surgery" I say

"Okay, text me when you get here. I'll meet you at the front desk" he says

"Okay" I say before hanging up. Even though I wasn't planning on going to the hospital today, I can't miss this surgery. Nicole is the one who walked Jackson and I through the process with our baby and I'm the one who gave Amelia permission to go through with this surgery, so I need to be there. Thankfully I had already made the effort to make myself look  presentable today so all I had to do was go grab my keys and leave for the hospital. Once I arrived I couldn't bring myself to go inside at first. I haven't been back to the hospital since I was here delivering my baby, so it felt different being back here, but eventually I took a deep breath and went inside. I had already texted Jackson and told him I was there and he was waiting for me at the front desk.