Chapter 2

Liliana's pov

"I can't believe that I'm stuck here. She wasn't even my patient?" I sighed talking to Cristina as we sat beside each other on the hallway floor of the hospital.

"Somebody's getting fired." Reed, the annoying red head says making me roll my eyes.

"I didn't even go near her." Charles grumbled.

"Obviously." I rolled my eyes, thinking about the earlier events of today.

"How long is this going to take?" Alex asks obviously frustrated.

"Why? Do you need to make a phone call again?" Jackson jokes making Charles laugh.

Alex has been calling Izzie all day hoping to get in contact with her and convince her to come back home, but she wouldn't answer his calls or anyone else's.

Alex was obviously frustrated, so Jackson's joke sent him over the edge causing him to jump from his chair and across the room. He grabbed Jackson by the neck of his scrubs and began him. I tried to pull Alex away while Mark, Owen, and Derek tried to help me separate them.

"Alex, he's not worth it." I yelled trying to calm him down as we finally broke them apart.

"Enough! I said enough!" Webber yelled entering the hallway after hearing the commotion. "What happened with that patient today is inexcusable and you are all gonna sit out here and shut up until I get to the bottom of this!"

"Hunt." Chief Webber calls before Owen follows him into the boardroom, leaving the rest of us sitting anxiously in silence. Owen walks back out after about 30 minutes and Chief walks out behind him.

"Garcia." He calls before I stand up and follow him into the room. As I sit down Chief introduces me to the two board members sitting beside him.

"Dr. Garcia, did you work on the patient today or see anything that can help us find out what happened?" Webber asks me.

"No. I didn't even go near her or see her." I shake my head.

"Where did Hunt have you assigned?" He asks.

"I was with Shepherd today, as usual. I assisted him with a surgery this morning and when we came out of surgery he got paged 911 and left me in charge of his post ops and anyone that came in with minor head injuries." I explained.

"Did you ever take a break from neuro or see anything unusual today?" Webber asks.

"The only thing unusual that happened today is that I had to stitch Dr. Percy up after he fainted." I rolled my eyes at the memory.

Flashback

"You know you have to be a special kind of stupid to not eat or drink anything before donating blood." I sigh while giving Charles stitches.

"Could you stop being an ass?" He asks.

"No, I get to be a ass when I have to stop working on Dr. Shepherds patients to come stitch up the idiot resident who tried to work on patients while feeling light headed. You Mercy West interns are clueless." I roll my eyes causing him to shut up as I focus back on his stitches.

End of Flashback

"And what happened after that?" Chief asks.

"I returned back to the incoming minor neuro patients." I reply.

"So you never got near the patient." Chief asks.

"No, as I said, I never even saw her." I shook my head.

The chief dismissed me back to the hallway and started calling the rest of the doctors back for questioning. Soon he called Reed back and she was back there the longest out of us all. When she finally walked out she had a blank look on her face and kept apologizing to her friend April.

"Kepner." Chief came out and called.

April nervously followed him into the room. She was only back there for a short while before she came out with a look of disappointment on her face.

"I just got fired." She says shocking us all before she took off  running to the locker room on the brink of tears. Immediately after that Chief came out and dismissed us all.

What a way to end the night.

A picture of Liliana is in the media at the top of this chapter