Chapter 79

Liliana's pov

This morning everyone is supposed to gather in the board room for another meeting, but I have a ultrasound scheduled so I had Meredith texting me the information, while Jackson and I are at the appointment. After I told Jackson that I was pregnant last night, of course he was shocked, but we both agree that focusing on our baby is our main priority right now.

"And there you go. See, right there? That's your baby." The O.B. says pointing to the screen as she gives me the ultrasound. I honestly can't look at the screen right now, not yet. I mean I've accepted that I'm pregnant and I want this baby, but I have my reasons for being standoffish about getting attached to the idea of being a mother.

"I'm sorry, was this not the idea?" She asks Jackson and I as we remain silent.

"Uh, well sure." Jackson says. I can tell he's nervous about the fact that I'm really pregnant and we're having a baby, well we both are.

"Are you looking to terminate?" She asks.

"No, no." Jackson and I both say in unison.

"Okay, then. Well get dressed and meet me in my office." She smiles handing me the ultrasound picture before she leaves.

"Here." I say handing the picture to Jackson as I sit up. "You don't want to terminate, right?" I ask as I get dressed.

"No, of course not. I want us to be happy about this."

"I am happy." I sigh.

"You don't seem like it. You didn't look at the screen the whole time that you were getting the ultrasound done and you didn't even glance at the picture when the doctor handed it you." He says.

"Jackson, I know how I feel. I'm happy, okay?" I say before we leave to go meet the doctor in her office. After we finish meeting with her, I leave for my first surgery of the day. I have to clip an aneurysm, which is my all time favorite type of surgery. I've always loved clipping aneurysms, even when I was a resident. All of the other residents were always scared to perform that surgery, but I was the first to volunteer for it. Clipping an aneurysm is complex, it's like walking in a minefield. One wrong move messes everything up. I get my patient prepped for surgery before taking him to the O.R. and scrubbing in. Derek's sister Amelia is here today and they're doing this big operation on conjoined twins, and all of the interns are on their service, so luckily I don't have to deal with them disturbing my O.R. and I can just zone everything out and focus on my surgery, which I really need to do considering everything that's going on in my life. The surgery takes 6 hours and once I finish I take my patient to recovery then I go to the cafeteria for lunch.

"Hey." Jackson says sitting at the table with me as I eat.

"Hey." I say chewing on my sandwich.

"How are you feeling?" He asks as he begins eating.

"Fine." I say.

"So I was wondering, have you started thinking about names for the baby yet?"

"No, I'm only 7 weeks. It's to early to start planning names." I shrug.

"Liliana, can you at least pretend to be happy that we're having a baby together. I know we have some things to work out, but at the end of the day we're going to be parents. Aren't you the least bit excited?" He asks.

"I am excited, just because I'm not as expressive as you doesn't mean I'm not. You're making an assumption." I say.

"We can just drop it. I'm sorry for even bringing it up." He sighs.

"No, I'm sorry. You were just trying to talk about our baby and I snapped at you for no reason. I'm just hormonal and irritable and stressed." I sigh.