Chapter 18

Liliana's pov

"I've been black listed from surgery" Jackson complains.

All of the residents and doctors are watching Teddy's presentation, on one of her cases. Jackson was sitting beside me freaking out because he thinks no one wants to work with him after he botched his surgery with Derek a couple of weeks ago.

"It's all in your head." I tell Jackson trying to reassure him

"My name isn't on the OR board. Nobody wants to work with me because I'm not on anybody's service." He says.

"It's an oversight Jackson. Just ask around." I sigh.

"Do you know how many things I've screwed up in the last 3 and a half months?"

"Stop it, I'm serious. Just ask around and get on someone's service and get back to work." Meredith says to him from behind us.

"She's right. Just ask around." I say before Alex comes walking in and sits by Meredith.

"Why do you smell like you're sweating booze?" Meredith says to Alex.

"What kind of weekend did you have?" Jackson asks.

"What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas." Alex says.

He has been sleeping around and getting drunk a lot since Izzie died, I guess that's how he copes. I think he feels guilty for not giving her another chance.

"So who is this Stark? I'm on his service today." Alex says,

"He's the new Peds attending. I'm on his service too." April smiles. She started trying to flirt with Alex, but Meredith interrupts her and we all turn our attention back to Teddy. After her presentation we go to the front desk and get our charts.

"Whose service are you on?" Jackson asks.

"Shepherd as usual" I shrug reviewing the chart,

"I already blew it with him." He sighs. "Bailey, I haven't blown it with her yet." Jackson says making Lexie look over. She was obviously confused since she has no idea what we're talking about.

"He thinks no one wants to work him." I explain to Lexie.

"Are you saying that or are they saying that?" She asks.

"Who are you working with again?" He asks April.

"Karev, I mean Stark." April says quickly correcting herself.

"No, you meant Karev and you don't want to go there." Jackson warns her.

"You don't know where I'm going?" April scoffs.

"He's right, you don't want to go there. Believe me, I know," Lexie says.

"I agree. Alex is not in anyway ready for another relationship." I say before we all go our separate ways and I go find Derek who's in an on call room.

"What do you mean you have nothing for me? I'm on your service!" I tell Derek who's trying to rush me off.

"The craniotomy got cancelled." He sighs.

"So what am I supposed to do?" I ask.

"Go watch some surgeries or something. Just go somewhere else." He says before closing the door.

"Just great." I sigh to myself sarcastically. Since Derek doesn't need me I go to an on call room to get a nap. When I wake up I go meet every one in the cafeteria, as soon as I walk in Alex shoots me with a toy gun filled with plastic golf balls

"Ouch, stop being childish Alex." I scold as I sit down.

"What's wrong with you?" I ask Jackson seeing him with a frown on his face.

"Bailey's given up on me too."

"You're on her service. Why are you still freaking out? I frown.

"No, she's doing a surgery. She left me to take care of her post ops." He shakes his head before Alex shoots him with the toy gun too.

"Ouch." Jackson mumbles.

"Inappropriate." I say scolding Alex. "Stop freaking out. You get an easy day, you take it. Shepherd didn't need me today so I went and relaxed and took a nap. You should try it." I say before Alex shoots me with the toy gun again.

"You know what give me that." I say snatching it away and shooting him with it.

"Jerk face." He mumbles.

"He's had a hard day. New Robbins is no Robbins" April says defending Alex, before Meredith walks in with security since she's working on some really high profile patient.

"Can you get your husband to find someone's brain to operate on. I need a surgery." I sigh.

"What happened to, you have an easy day, take it?" Jackson asked.

"Mind your business." I wave him off.

"I'm kind of busy here." Mer replies, so I shoot her with the toy gun. She picks up the ball and throws it at me.

"Not okay." She scolds. As she walks off I shoot her security guard with the toy gun earning me an evil stare making me smirk. I raise my hands in the air then he turns around and walks away as I burst out laughing and Jackson does the same.

"Now who's being childish?" Jackson smirks.

"Hey, it's addictive." I say defending myself.

I waste the rest of the day away until it's time to get off then we all go to Cristina's for her housewarming party.

I was in the corner with Jackson eating some chips and drinking my soda.

"You know your diet is really unhealthy for a doctor." Jackson jokes.

"Is not." I shake my head.

"I'm pretty sure you're diet consists of wine and popcorn most days." He chuckles.

"They're quick and convenient." I shrug. As we continued talking we looked over and saw April crying as she talked to Owen.

"I'm going to go check on her." Jackson says.

"Okay." I nod. April has been his best friend since Charles died, so it was only natural for him to go check on her. Even though I found her annoying, I understood that she was his best friend so I tried to tolerate her.

I see them talking as Jackson tries to calm her down before Alex walks in. As soon as he walks in Jackson walks over to him and punches him.

"Jackson, stop" I yell running over to him instantly. He was full on attacking Alex now and Mark and Owen had to help me pull Jackson away while Meredith helped Alex up

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I yell pushing Jackson into the kitchen.

"Karev is an ass." He frowns.

"Karev is my friend, who has been having a hard time. You don't get to attack him just because you think he's an ass."

"Why are you defending the guy you don't even know what he did?" Jackson yells.

"What did he do so bad that you had to attack him?" I ask making him wince as I apply ice to his hand.

"That jerk tried to sleep with April then blew up at her when she told him she wasn't ready." I had to admit that was an asshole mood, but Jackson still shouldn't have attacked him.

"Look Jackson I know she's your friend so your instinct is to defend her and yes Alex was wrong for that, but that doesn't mean you get to attack him. You could have seriously hurt him or did you even think about what would happen if you broke your hand. You really won't be doing any surgeries then." I say scolding him.

"I know. I wasn't thinking, okay? I made a stupid choice." He sighs.

"Yes, you did?" I nod.

"Please don't be mad. It was just an instinct. April's the only friend I have left from Mercy West." He says making me soften a little thinking about the losses he suffered during the shooting.

'It's fine Jackson. Just please think before you act, okay?"

"I will." He nods before giving me a kiss.

Thanks for reading, please vote and comment!