Chapter 76

Liliana's pov

"Oh my god." I groan as the alarm clock goes off waking up Cristina, Meredith and I at 5:00 am. Meredith and I slept over to Cristina and Alex's house, because this morning Cristina is expecting the call to find out if she's nominated for the Harper Avery Award.

"Crap, Mer! Oh, my god! The phone! Oh, Mer!" Cristina yells as we all shoot up from the bed.

"Please turn the alarm clock off." I groan covering my ears.

"Oh! I'm sorry." Meredith says turning the alarm clock off.

"Did we remember to..." Cristina begins to say.

"No, no, it's, it's it's charged. It's, it's charged, and the ringer's on." Meredith says grabbing the cell phone from off of the bedside table.

"Okay, hold on. You've got to put on some lipstick. Here." I say grabbing lipstick out of my purse that sat beside the bed and handing it to her.

"What if..." Cristina begins to say.

"No, it's not possible, because Catherine Avery said that you were on the short list, and your project is, it's innovative." Meredith assures her.

"Yeah, it's gonna lead to the actual printing of hearts. Millions will be saved." I say.

"What time is it?" Cristina asks as she applies lipstick.

"5:01." Meredith says looking at her phone.

"Did they?" Alex asks standing at the entrance of the room door.

"Not yet." Meredith and I both say.

"Did they?" Jo asks also running to the room.

"No." Alex answers as they walk into the room.

"Oh god." Cristina whines with impatience.

"Okay listen, I know how this stuff works. If there are five nominees, it's alphabetical and Yang is last, that's why you haven't gotten the call yet, but they're going to call." I say as a cellphone goes off, but it's just Jo's making us all glare at her.

"Oh, oh sorry." Jo apologizes.

"Oh geez, hairball." Cristina scolds in frustration.

"It's Shane." Jo sighs before picking up the phone. "Hey. No. Uh, not yet, but it's still early. It's, uh..." Jo says over the phone.

"5:02." I answer.

"Mer, seriously, what if they don't call?" Cristina sighs as we continue staring at the phone hoping for it to ring. Suddenly it finally rings causing us to all scream excitedly.

"Oh my god. Oh my god. What do I do?" Cristina panics.

"Answer it." Alex and I say.

"It's Boston. It's Boston. It's them. It's them. It's them." Cristina says excitedly.

"Okay. You are gonna be gracious and humble. You are gonna thank them, but you are not going to grovel. You remember who you are. You are Cristina Yang, and you are going to change the face of medicine. Go." Meredith says giving Cristina a pep talk.

"Just answer the damn phone." Alex shouts.

"Oh, shh! Quiet." Cristina frowns before answering the phone.

"Hello. Yes, this is Cristina Yang." She says as she answers the phone.
--

"Hey. Did you go home? I must've missed you." Jackson says wrapping his arm around me as I step out of the elevator that morning.