Chapter 2

The Dead Knave...
Caribbean Sea
**********

His head lulled back and forth as his unconscious body was dragged aboard the ship.

They anxiously walked the shakey planks that connected the ship to the port's dock. The salty sea air thick with fog cloaked just enough of the ship that night for them to do their dirty deed then be off before none the wiser.

He was tossed to the ground with a thud as the lithe figure followed and cleared a path to look down at the unconscious man on the floor then to the burly man that stood before her.

"There you have him. Where is my coin?" the thick Spanish accent spilled from the females' lips that did his bidding.

Seduce and lure the Black Scourge to the ship.

Triumphant cackles could be heard all around as the burly man stepped forward not before kicking the man's boot to ensure he was indeed unconscious and cautiously held out a pouch heavy with coins above her outstretched hand.

"You did well lass, better than I expected." He dropped the pouch in her palm.

"It was not hard, after pouring the sleeping drought in his wine it was easy," she shook her head staring down at the helpless man on the deck.

"Take him below and chain him up. Be wary of this one....," he warned.

Stepping aside they watched as he was dragged away.

"What will you do with him?" Curious eyes followed his body as the men dragged it out of sight.

Silence lulled between them before he faced her with a grin that chilled her to the bone.

"An old score to settle, lass. That is all you need to know."

With a dismissive retreat, he took off in the direction where they took his captive, leaving her there alone with his crew. One by one they walked away soon after she left as well.

Below deck, he ordered his men to chain the man to the wall and stepped aside waiting for them to finish. When they stepped away he closed the distance and grabbed him by the hair and pulled his head back to get a good look at the man that cost him an entire ship months ago.

The Black Scourge of the sea he was indeed. Fierce, dangerous, and very unpredictable as he has been for some time. He was victim to his revenging heart as he stole his loot, threw his men overboard, and sunk his ship. Justin O'Shea was not one to pick a few bones with that much he knew.

"Leave him there, sooner or later he will awaken and when he does I want to be informed. Am I clear?" he ordered.

"Aye, Captain," they murmured stepping around him as they left him chained to the wall.

With disdain, the Captain spits on him before storming off with a gruff and cursing underneath.

In do time he will deal with O'Shea...

********

The rough swaying and movement beneath him slowly stirred him awake. With a groan, he tried to move but it was impossible to do so. Groggy and feeling faint, with very little strength left in him he reared his head back plopping it against the wall wincing at the enormous headache he was beginning to feel.

With a curse and groan, he straightened up a bit frowning now at the chains that held him against the wall. Slowly he opened his eyes blinking once then twice then again he yanked his arms forward but it was no use.