Chapter 25

Landlubbers, Seadogs, and Tavern wenches...
Gentle Blokes and Fine Ladies too...
😝😝😝
This here part will be needin fans to cool yer balmy skins.
This not be a readin for yer delicate eyes.
*****Ye been warned*****

Second Mate Bellamy

Since that day, Tempest and Justin had not spoken. When he stormed away, he left her with so much doubt and confusion and a dull ache in her heart. The tears clouding Tempest's vision slipped down her cheeks and quickly dried away as she let the salty sea air blow against her face.

It's been two days since the weather has cleared and they pulled away from Azores's Port.

She was scarcely seen on deck and kept to herself in his cabin which deep down was torturous for Justin.

She was avoiding him.

The crew was aware of their Captains and her hellish suffering but said nothing as they stayed clearly out of his sight as to not insight his anger.

He had been studying Tempest as she stood by the rail gazing out at sea. When she turned away, he caught a slight glimpse of her and a searing pain ripped through him to see that the luster and sparkle had gone from those beautiful eyes.

He should go to her, but he did not trust himself. Each time he saw her it was sheer agony, he relived their moment of passion over and over again, he wanted to take her in his arms and kiss her, but he knew if he took her in his arms he would take much more and not stop.

"She don't look too well, cap'n," Quinn stated sadly following Justin's haunting gaze as it trailed with a hint of longing after her. Now out of his sight, he blinked and looked away to face Quinn.

"What do you mean?" Justin's lips thinned.

"Cook says she has barely touched her meals. The poor lass must be ill," he gave Justin a sorrowful look then stepped back warily as his Captain's face darkened.

"And why have you not told me this sooner?" he snapped at his first mate.

With a curse, he turned away from the bumbling sailor that nervously stumbled back from his ominous glare.
In large determined strides, he walked across the deck as his men scurried out of his way. They looked on wearily as he disappeared below deck. Bellamy stepped towards Quinn with a displeased look for angering him.

What the hell was she thinking? He fumed as he took the steps angrily towards his cabin.

He could not afford for her to fall ill in the middle of this voyage. He shook his head with another grumbled oath as he stopped before his door. His gaze lowered to the tray of food that indeed had nibbled pieces of a scone, untouched fruit and jam.

Taking a deep labored breath he braced himself trying to calm the helpless sense of unease in his chest. He slowly reached for the door handle and opened it. He stepped in through the threshold then stopped.

He watched her as she stood with her back to him in her night rail. Saddened by the thought she was ready to retire early although the evening was still gleaming with bright light. He took in the sight of her and felt a stirring in his loins that he realized now would never go away.

"Why have you not been eating?" his voice heavily interrupted the silence in the cabin.

She jumped and whirled around to face him dropping her teacup. With an oath, he was before her on bended knees as was she reaching for the shard of broken porcelain that scattered everywhere.