Chapter 41

She was married.

Tempest nervously twisted the plain silver band on her finger and noticed....it was a perfect fit. The day of the wedding, Haines had slid it on with ease. But then she had been so numb and lost she hadn't paid any attention to what was going on.

Now that the days had passed and the hubbub of voices wishing them the best, have died down. She now had settled into the gloom of normal everyday events that followed after the wedding. A honeymoon thankfully did not follow. There was no need as per her father. The damage was already done.

In a little month's time, all will see the reason for their hasty wedding. She lowered her head. Her watery eyes focused on the wedding band then she pressed them to her abdomen. They will know soon enough but never the true reason.

"Why the gloom face, my love?" his mocking voice and sudden presence at her side made her jump.
He moved with a stealthiness of a slithering snake and as he slowly sat beside her, she felt like his prey waiting for him to strike.

He took the empty space beside her on the bench where she sat in her mother's Garden. The tranquil space now did not feel safe she thought irritably.

"What's the matter?" he demanded. His gaze fell heavy on her features; noting the faint dark circles under her eyes.

She bit down on her lip. "Nothing," she whispered then.

"You have been sitting here for the last couple of hours moping," he said harshly.

"Oh heavens! Really I have not noticed," she responded with icy sarcasm.

The light airy chuckle and his gleaming stare that followed, made her look away.

"See it's that fiery tongue of yours that thrills me," he leaned closer and took her chin forcing her to turn to look at him. He was so close that she could feel his heat and catch his masculine scent.
"I pray you bring that and..." he paused.
His eyes skimmed the length of her with frank appraisal. "All of your pleasurable qualities to our marriage bed."

Her shocked expression only sent his mouth into a curve following a devilish smile. "Your act of virginal innocence becomes you, wife," he chuckled.
"But you don't have to pretend with me. I prefer a woman with such sexual confidence between the sheets," he observed her with a surge of satisfaction when she blushed furiously and then ground her teeth together with impotent fury.

" I will never sleep with you," she retorted darkly.
"That is to be seen." his smile turned deviant as he swiftly lowered his head and captured her lips with precisioned force; imposing his will and demonstrating his dominance.

Immediately she pummeled his chest to push him away but he ground his mouth down on hers with punishing pain that only made her more furious.

His blatant hunger and husky approving growl sent her into a panic as the kiss became more demanding and rough. It wasn't until he reached up and squeezed her tender breast that she gasped and his tongue finally probed the firm line of her mouth; gaining access when....

She bit him.

With a curse, he pulled away. She squirmed from his hold and reared her hand back then slapped him hard.

Adrenaline fueled her veins as she bolted from the stone bench to face him. She fought the bile rising in her throat with the copper taste of his blood on her tongue. Glittering brown eyes held her fierce blue green's.

"That will cost you dearly," his eyes hooded and turned heavy it darkened his features as he wiped his lips.

She trembled as he stepped closer; clearing the stone bench that separated them. She couldn't bring herself to run. Instead, she stood her ground ready to face him. His hands shot out and grabbed her upper arm with harsh force that she cried out.

"If it weren't for the bloody fact that you were carrying that dog's child in your womb, I would have tossed up your skirts and taking you here on the floor like the whoring bitch you are." he hissed through his clenched teeth.

Her gaze lifted to his, equal with fury and hate; ready for a retort. But it never came when they were finally approached by her maid.

"Mistress Tempest? Your mother is looking for you," she said shyly.
"She awaits you in your father's study," she added with a timid smile.

He loosened his grip on her arm.
"We are not done with this conversation, wife," he whispered harshly. Then his rough finger's gripped her neck holding her fast while he pressed into her for another punishing kiss. Before she could react, he just as quickly broke the kiss and shoved her away.

Furiously she wiped her lips and with that defiant act, he sneered with a curse, turned away, and stormed off.

Tears flooded her eyes with relief as she weakly sunk to the stone bench.

In no time, the maid was at her side crooning and comforting her with lies. "Everything will be fine. You will see."

But they will not be.

********
Here we go!!!
Now time to bring it Justin...this won't be easy...if you could only see my workspace...there are index card of all colors here as I try to strategize his comeback.
Most of you think it's so easy to write but when you're an over thinker and second guesser like me. My head is a tangled web with awesome ideas but an organizational nightmare all the same.😂😂😂😂