Chapter 15

She furiously dashed away her tears as they fell in streams down her cheeks.
"I bloody despise you," she mumbled beneath her breath and each hiccup as she went for another pile of things of his to discard out the porthole.

Blindly she reached for whatever her fingers fell on and yanked it up and tossed it out. Satisfaction a full handful away. 

She was enraged with his treatment.

The loud crash of the door stopped her midway as he stepped in and kicked it shut.
"You devious little wench!" he shouted.

She stood her ground and lifted her chin then tossed his belongings to the floor.
The echoing sound of his belongings followed by silence throbbed with maniacal tension in the cabin. 

Danger.  She could feel it in her body. She saw it in the dark crazed look in his eyes. It smoldered with an eerie murderous glint. And she drew in a shaky breath.

She felt the slow gaze of his eyes burn into her as he stepped forward daring her to move an inch.
Her heart gave a swift hard kick in her ribcage. And she slowly backed away.
Her stomach lifted and then dropped a thousand feet as he darted towards her with a curse. The faint movement sent every nerve ending within her into a frenzy for escape.

Hot on her feet, the limited space in the cabin gave her little advantage to turn anywhere else.
"I will teach you the consequence of your hellish ways," he yelled then lunged for her.
In two quick strides, he caught her up as she scrambled across the bed and jumped off in time for him to catch her.

He held her in an unforgiving tight grip around her waist and walked to the nearby chair.
"Put me down you sop!" she screamed.

Her chest tightened, lungs seizing with air as she fought his hold but he refused to let her go. In a swift motion, she was hauled up and flipped face down over his lap. She kicked and squirmed.

"No!" she struggled

He ruthlessly held her in place, lifted the hem of the shirt, and landed hard, swift, sound swats in succession on her bare rump. Her cry followed each one that echoed in the cabin. The stinging on her skin turned to burning, then to hurt. He paused for a brief moment and drew in a shaky breath as his eyes cleared from their rage-induced haze and saw red palm prints forming on her rare. His palm prints. She tried to pull away as he roughly sat her up. She fought viciously for the humiliation he caused her.

So many tears clouded her vision as she spewed hateful words toward him. Furiously he shook her and demanded that she behave.

Petite fists pummeled his chest. He grunted, holding her wrists in a vice grip.

She wept in anger as she struggled to free herself.
His chest rose and fell roughly and he moved a hand at her nape and grasped it suddenly. "Stop fighting me, " he hissed through clenched teeth, locking her heated gaze with his.
"Continue this behavior and I will not hesitate to punish you again," he warned her.

She paused.

She trembled in his hold as the silent glare of hurt and hate in her eyes held his gaze. But then suddenly a gentleness formed in his eyes. A sudden sign of remorse flickered in them. Then she collapsed, weeping, against his shoulder. He pulled her tight against him. She wept for what felt like an eternity in his hold. He clearly was not skilled for this, he had no words of comfort to offer her. He just held her until finally, she had quieted down. The nearness was brief as she stiffened and sat up straight.

It was there in the short expanse of seconds that she sat before him, their eyes met. Cerulean blue swirled and collided with Aquamarine, turbulent as the waters they sailed upon. He swallowed hard and his grip fell away.
She scrambled off of his legs and turned towards the bed, embarrassed and hesitant to shed any more tears but she could not hold it in. She crawled beneath the sheets and turned away from him to face the wall. It wasn't until the door slammed shut that she realized she was finally alone then she wept more.