Chapter 55

"When I get my son back, I want nothing else to do with you," She said.

Those words dogged his every step as he made his way above deck. Their anger went out of control.

"He is my son. You won't be going anywhere with him, " he replied.

It was the first he had ever seen her in this light after he had said those words: Savage, Feral...murderous.

He told her everything. But all that she heard was his revenge and wanting her mother to pay.

"Was I a part of your plan?" she asked. "Did you seduce me as part of your revenge?" She gazed up at him accusingly.

His eyes landed on her. He shook his head. "Never."

"You knew she wasn't my mother. But you left me with her anyways? And with Haines?" She frowned with confusion that bordered anger and pain.

He looked away. His chest tightened with her words. Guilt tore at his heart. "It was after the birth of our son that I.."

"My son!" She shouted.

His head fell. His eyes tightened shut. He couldn't bear the ire and hate in her stare. She saw him as the vile dog she claimed him to be and nothing else he said at that moment could change that.

"He is my son as well!"

"You have no son!" She trembled furiously as his eyes darkened with her words.
"You lost him the moment you handed me back over to Haines."

"I did it to protect you," He murmured, stepping closer to her.

"Well you did a damn good job of it did you not?"  She giggled flatly.

He said nothing.

"Tell me, Black Scourge, while you were bouncing about on the sea, from port to port. And tavern to tavern did you think about me?"

"Every bloody day I did, " he hissed.

"Liar!" She shoved him.

He quickly caught her wrists and pulled her close.

"Were you thinking of me when my womb was hardening with your child?

"Or after I gave birth to our son  when Haines took me by force?" She asked coldly.
He held her gaze. Those beautiful aquamarine eyes that once held him captivated were now turbulent, murky pools of dark, sea green. The color of the same unforgiving, dangerous waters that can sink any ship.

His jaw clenched.

"When he lay between my thighs rutting like a dog?" She added, taunted him.

"Enough!" He shook his head.

 "How I gave up, and I did not fight him when he gracelessly rode between my thighs because it was my duty as his wife."

"I said enough! " he furiously cried out, pulling her even closer.

She pushed him away, but he wouldn't budge. She pounded his chest and fought him, but he still wouldn't pull away. Her words were like daggers to his heart. The image of her words burned in his mind of Haines abuse.

He wanted to erase them. He needed them to be gone.
And so did she.

Like a furious tidal wave, they clashed as he savagely took her lips and she did the same. She needed him whether she was willing to admit it or not. Because she did. Even if it were just for that moment to remove the marks and stains of what Haines left on her.