Chapter 19

This was sheer madness...
Sucking in a shallowed breath, she jerked her gaze away and tightened her eyes shut.

She should have stayed in the cave and waited for his return. 'But stubborn inquisitive young girls always find themselves in trouble' ...Nana Josephine would chastise her.

She woke up and did not find him there. So she went in search of him and found him... waist-deep, bathing under the waterfall.

And got her truly first good look at him.

After a moment's hesitation of shamefully admiring, then generously absorbing the rest of him, she was frozen to the spot.

A flush of heat settled on her cheeks as she blatantly stood there eyeing his bare muscular back; rippling and flexing with his movements. She nibbled nervously at her bottom lip as he turned and tilted his head back to let the water fall over him. Her gaze fell over his sculpted chest and broad shoulders.  Her eyes widened further as he stepped out from underneath it and landed on the thick, silky trail of dark hair just below his navel that slid down beneath the water's surface.

"Take your time, lass," the deep richness of his voice, warmed her like the rum she drank a few days ago; dark and hot as it slid down into her belly, settling there nice and warm. She forced her gaze up to his face. The sexy grin that formed on his lips was as sinfully gorgeous as the rest of him.

"Would you care to join me?" the tight low rumbled invitation was laced with something sexual....forbidden as he casually stepped closer.
Strangely breathless and still awkwardly staring at him, she shook her head and managed to squeak.
"No," faintly.

She would not dare.

"Then stop looking at me like that, lass." he drawled.
"Like what?" she frowned with confusion.
"As if I were somethin' yer wishin' to taste."
Stunned by his words, she looked up, he flashed a devilish smile.
His gaze raked over her, lingering on parts of her leaving heat where his eyes fell.

She gasped and stumbled back and looked away. His husky laugh resonated through her.
She bristled with his taunting laugh and for that, he would pay dearly.

Her temper flared and those pouty red lips thinned. It dazzled him into silence when she turned to face him and she stepped close then picked up his belongings and held them above the water. Immediately he stood there with a stern look.
"Don't you dare," he warned.

Challenging blue orbs darkened to match her own as she stretched out her arms with his clothing and boots dangling over the pristine water.

"Tempest?" a muscle worked his jaw.

She remained in that position daring him.

 "Lest you don't want to be draped over my knee and your derriere severely reddened, I suggest you obey....Put. it. down," he hissed.

He sang victory too soon as he watched the conflicting battle in her gaze and the nervous shiver. But......

He should have known better to not provoke her. He realized it too late as his clothing floated past him and his jaw clenched while he watched his boots sink.

He stared at her for a long moment in silence, admiring and marveling at her unmitigated measuring look.

Pure defiance.

If not blinded by her temper, she should have seen it coming. She was totally unprepared for his next move. Sleek like a panther he slid out of the water. Her eyes held his and widened as his nose flared. But before she could turn to run, arms tight like steel wrapped around her waist. He held her in his arms suspended over the crystal clear surface.
"Tit for tat, remember that love," he growled. Her gasp was cut short as he tossed her in the water.