Chapter 7

Harry's POV

I spat my water out and choked on what I managed to swallow. I couldn't believe she had just asked me that.

I wasn't mad, just very shocked. No one had ever asked me something so confronting before, she really was full of surprises.

I gasped for air trying to recompose myself as I watched her boss scold her. I hoped she wasn't getting into trouble, this was my own fault for challenging her.

"I guess she won," I laughed to myself. I was happy, because this just gave me an excuse to see her again outside the studio.

She made her way back over to us, my eyes growing wide again on impulse.

"It was a fake 'you're in trouble'. It was mainly just to show Angus that he can't be a douchebag like I apparently am," she whispered to us.

Even in a whisper I could hear that thick Australian accent of hers, that made me weak at the knees every time she opened her mouth.

She gave me a smug grin, obviously very pleased with my reaction to her question a moment ago. I would do anything to have her look at me like that constantly.

I had to remember to ask Ashton if anything was going on there. I needed to know everything about this girl, including her relationship with one of my closest friends.

...

I walked into the conference room, everyone was scattered around the talking amongst themselves.

My eyes drew to the small couch where Jen and Ashton were seated. I noticed a small space between Jen and the arm, so I made my way over and squashed myself in, accidentally pushing her.

"Oh my god, sorry sorry sorry," she laughed hysterically.

I looked down to see her face first in Ashton's lap. I couldn't help but wish that was my lap her face was in.

I reached over to her, pulling her back up into a sitting position. I couldn't look at that sight anymore without going mad. I didn't know what was coming over me, I barely even knew her but I was already feeling some kind of way over her...jealousy.

"Well that is not what I wanted to happen, I hoped you'd fall more into me than Ashton's lap," I said out loud without thinking.

Harry you idiot.

She started laughing at me. God she had the most amazing laugh I had heard.

Ashton joined her, why was he laughing?

Before I could open my mouth Ashton beat me to it and asked her to dinner, and to my annoyance she agreed. A few more words were exchanged between them but I couldn't hear, my mind was elsewhere thinking about the two of them together.

When I finally snapped back into reality, I noticed the space between Ashton and I was now empty.

Where did she go? And what had I missed?

I looked up, my eyes meeting hers as she gave me that smile I craved.

I reciprocated the gesture as she turned away, making her way around the room saying her goodbyes.

This was my opportunity to ask Ashton what was going on between them.

"So Ash, how do you know Jen?" I asked softy so she wouldn't hear me.

"She interviewed us when we toured Australia last year, and we hung out a bit. We kind of kept in contact since then, you know a few tweets back and forth. She's bangin' isn't she mate?" he smiled looking over at her, like she was some prize he was after.