Chapter 79

Jen's POV

Waking up in Harry's arms on one of my very last days with him, was a bittersweet feeling. I loved being in his embrace, he always held me so tightly at night, even when asleep he wanted me close to him- and that comforted me. Knowing I wouldn't be able to feel this way for a while hurt, to say the least.

I wriggled around in his grip, managing to turn to my other side, pressing my forehead against his warm skin. His eyes were open when I looked at him, I guessed he had been awake before me, but it surprised me that he hadn't woken me like he normally did.

"Good morning," I smiled at him.

"Morning," he said half heatedly. I was confused by his greeting, or lack of. His eyes trailed off to the tent wall behind me, causing me concerned as to what was on his mind.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, cupping his cheek gently in my palm.

His eyes fell back upon mine, and the back of his throat letting out a deep sigh, "This would have been our last morning together..." he answered dismayed.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused. He was coming back to the UK with me tonight, so I didn't understand what he meant, and why he was so gloomy all of a sudden.

"It's your last official day of the tour- if you hadn't of invited me back to the UK with you tonight, this would have been our final morning. I kind of prepared myself for this day, thinking it would be the our last. I guess I'm just finding it a little hard to process I have a couple more with you."

I could see the hurt in his eyes, and I knew when I said goodbye to him in two day's time, we'd both be an utter mess. I didn't want to think of my pending departure, I just wanted to focus on this very moment, and the ones leading up to the inevitable goodbye.

"Let's just try not to dwell on it, we have today, tomorrow and most of Sunday together. We'll deal with goodbyes then, but right now I just want to enjoy this morning with you," I flipped him onto his back, pulling myself on top of him, leaning my head against his bare chest.

I could hear and feel his heart beating against my ear, and it was easily one of my favourite sounds and feelings in the world.

"That's for you," he said, running his fingers through my hair.

"Hmm?" I looked up at him questionably.

"My heart beat, it beats for you." He had barely even mustered up a smile this morning, but even without the normal warmth in his eyes, his words still melted me.

"You're so cheesy," I smiled down at him.

"I'm not being cheesy, I'm being honest. It beats for you, and only you. Since the day I met you, you've owned it and you didn't even know it."

"Tell me about the first time you saw me?" I encouraged him to distract himself from overthinking, and go back to a time when we weren't each other's yet. If I didn't think about blissful times with him, I knew i'd break down right in front of him.

"You've heard this story!" He finally smiled, and I welcomed his dimples that I fell in love with, more every time they appeared.

"I want to hear the story again."

"Okay...well, I had been watching you for a little bit, you were talking with Karen and Angus. Something about you was intriguing, I had no idea who you were, but I immediately felt like I needed to. You tripped over something, but you acted so unphased by it, like it was something normal with you, I found it endearing. That's when Ashton came into the picture.."

"Harry.." I warned him. I didn't want this walk down memory lane to turn into a sour recollection, ruining the good mood he was slowly sliding back in to.