Chapter 33

Jen's POV

Harry and I had stayed in and watched The Notebook together, which I learnt was one of his favourite movies. I loved that he loved soppy romances, it showed he was a big softy inside, plus I was a fan of Nicholas Sparks myself.

I snuggled into his chest as he tightly held me into him, with his back against the headboard.

My mind kept trailing off to Sam, and what her and Calum would be doing. I really hoped she was ready, and she didn't feel like she would have to do anything to keep him around. I knew Cal loved her, sex or not, and I trusted him. So I knew he would never pressure her into anything.

This made me think about my first time with Harry, and what it would be like. I never felt like it was something we had to engage in right away in our relationship, I didn't feel pressured by him. I was curious to know what he thought about our lack of sexual activity though.

"Harry can I ask you a question?" I sat up from my previous position, breaking his hold.

"Mmm," he hummed, looking at me to ask what was on my mind.

"Do you think it's weird we haven't, you know...done anything yet?" I felt my cheeks burn a little, I didn't know why I was so embarrassed talking to my boyfriend about intimacy.

"What do you mean?" He leant forward off the headboard so he was now face to face with me.

I took a breath in before I answered him more specifically, "You know, all we've done is make out, every time things start to escalate you stop it, I guess I just want to know why?"

He brought his knees to his chest and bowed his head down for a minute, trying to come up with an explanation I assumed.

"The honest truth is that I don't want to rush anything," he finally began to answer.

"I don't want you to think I'm pressuring you into anything, I want us both to be ready for when the time comes for us to...explore each others bodies." I began to laugh at his choice of words.

"What are you laughing at?" He frowned, confused as to why I would find his honesty amusing.

"Just the way you said that, it was so, I don't know, poetic? It's a very charming way of putting it," I smiled at him.

"Well is there a more polite way to say 'I want you to suck me off' or 'do you want me to lick you out', Jen?"

"Oh my God!" I quickly covered his mouth so he wouldn't continue his dirty words. I felt him laugh against my palm before he removed it with his hand.

"That's what I thought," he nudged me. "But in all seriousness, you're more to me than that. Of course the physical side of the relationship is important, but so is the emotional side, and I feel like we are still getting to know one another and exploring our feelings.

So until we are both one hundred percent sure we are ready, I don't want to rush into anything sexually."

"Oh okay," my head dropped. I felt like I was ready to try something new with him, but the way he said "until we are both sure" made me think he wasn't ready, and he didn't want me in that way.

"Hey," he lifted my chin back up with his finger, "Don't think that I don't want to, God there is nothing more that I want than to be intimate with you. Every time I see you my head is filled with these thoughts, and I can't do a thing to stop them," he tugged at his curls gently.

I couldn't help but smile at his confession, it made me feel better knowing he wanted this just as much as I did, but I had to appreciate that he was so patient with me, and so willing to wait for the perfect moment.