Chapter 65

Jen's POV

My birthday was already off to a good start. After last night's show, we all decided to hit the town to see what all the Vegas hype was about.

The 5SOS boys stayed back at the hotel since they were all under twenty one, so they couldn't drink, and Luke was too young to even get into the clubs.

When midnight hit, the DJ at the club we were at screamed happy birthday to me, and the crowd erupted in a loud cheer.

Harry and Angus drowned me in slobbery kisses to either cheek, and Gemma and Eleanor tackled me down onto the seats singing their own rendition of happy birthday in their drunken state.

I wished Summer could have joined us in Vegas, but she had to stay back in LA for the time being.

My mum and a few others back home sent me through texts, timing out perfectly when my birthday hit here in the US. I hadn't heard from Sam yet, but she was probably asleep.

Moments like this made me miss home. My family had never missed a birthday with me, and as hard as it was on me, I knew it would have been even worse on my mum. But the people I was with, especially Harry, made up for the small ache in my heart, and I knew this would be a birthday to remember.

He kept giving me drink after drink, insisting I had to get drunk for my twenty second birthday.

At about 3am we decided to head back to the hotel in our drunken slumber. Harry piggy backed me all the way back to the room, I was in no state to walk on my own apparently. I knew he just liked to have me close to him every chance he got. It was good to not be in that tour bus, I'd only had one night on it and I already hated the small bunks. I was a restless sleeper as it was, I tossed and turned a lot, if Harry didn't hold me so closely at night, I was sure I would have fallen out of the bunk within the first five minutes.

Once in bed at the hotel we undressed and went straight to sleep, and I took full advantage of the king bed, sprawling myself across it on my stomach, while Harry mimicked me, resting his knee on my butt. I was too tired to move it off, plus it felt comforting to have him on me in some way.

Morning crept in too soon, and there was no way Harry would let me sleep in, especially today.

"Babe...Jen, wake up!" He poked my cheek like he usually did to wake me up.

"Stop!" I groaned.

"Oh come on, don't be like that," he chuckled.

"I'm tired, just let me sleep a little longer," I whined.

"It's midday, I've already been out and about! You're the only one still asleep birthday girl, we have places to be today so get up!" He threw the bed covers off me and I winced at the sudden coldness from the air conditioner.

"HARRY!" I screamed, sitting up.

"JEN!" He screamed back, mocking me.

"Why are you so annoying?" I pulled myself to the edge of the bed, throwing a random t-shirt on.

"Because I wouldn't be the boy you loved if I wasn't annoying," he proudly stated.

"Well you got that right," I smiled at him, taking in his appearance. He had on a grey tank top, his swim trunks, and his hair was pulled back in his usual pony tail.

"Why are you dressed for the pool?" I asked confused, taking the coffee he was holding out for me.

"I want to go to the pool, and you're coming!"

"No I don't feel like swimming, go with the boys or something!" I just wanted sleep, I was in no mood to go down to the pool, in the heat, with a thousand other people.