Chapter 54

Harry's POV

I woke up the next morning quite early. I didn't know why I was awake, but I was. The last few days were exhausting, and as much as I should have loved the Melbourne trip, I was looking forward to heading to Sydney tomorrow.

Jen was still pressed up against me, and I took this opportunity to pretend that we were still together, and that we were still happy. I didn't know what would happen if she woke up and saw us like this, but I wondered if she woke at any point in the night.

My fear seemed to get the better of me, and I decided to untangle her perfect limbs from mine and roll out of her bed. I looked around the room and quietly gathered up all of my belongings, and set it in the hallway. I was as quiet as I could possibly be, because I didn't want to wake her and see her face contort into the sadness that I'd seen too much of lately.

She still had my sweats on, I just wanted her to keep them. Well, I wanted her to want to keep them. She had put them on in the first place though, so that had to count for something right?

I cast one last look at her wondering when she would be wrapped in my arms again, and made my way out of her bedroom.

Luckily Sam wasn't up because I didn't want to explain to her why I hadn't left last night. I made my way to the kitchen and debated leaving a note for her, but decided against it. When I got in there, I saw Cal sitting out on Jen's miniscule balcony, and decided to say hi since it was odd that he was up that early.

I slid her glass door open slightly, and Calum's head snapped around to looked at me, first with confusion, then with a look of something that resembled triumph.

"So, looks like you stayed last night?" He asked, whispering so he wouldn't wake anyone up even though we were outside.

"It's not what you think," I said quietly, sitting down next to him. "She doesn't even know I slept with her. She was sleeping when I got here, and she's going to still be sleeping when I leave."

"Kind of creepy, bro," he said. His voice was filled with humour, but his face showed empathy.

"I know, I know. I just wanted to pretend for a night that none our shit happened," I sighed. "Why are you up so early?"

"I watch the sunrise from every new place we go. Although this isn't my first time in Melbourne, obviously, it's just my little ritual," he smiled, and looked back towards the sunrise.

"Deep..." I smiled, hoping he caught my attempt to lighten my own mood.

"Whatever, you can make fun of me, but try it sometime. It's a good time to think. Most people aren't up yet, so I get to experience a little more life than they do."

He was always so happy, people didn't give him enough credit for his thoughts.

"I better go before she wakes up, I'll see you tomorrow I guess," I stood up to leave, and he nodded in my direction, before turning back to his view. I picked up the rest of my stuff that I had left in the hallway, and headed out the door.

...

Jen's POV

I woke up around eleven to the sound of Sam and Cal laughing in the living room. Usually I found them cute, but today I didn't want to hear it. I loved them together more than anything in the world, but their perfect relationship was just a reminder of what mine wasn't at the moment.

I stretched and looked around the room. The blankets on the other side of the bed were folded down, which was odd, but I was known to do crazy things when I slept so I didn't think much of it. The more I looked around though, the more I noticed it was different from the night before. All of Harry's things were no longer in my room.