Chapter 72

Jen's POV

It was good to have my sister back in town, I always felt a sense of comfort when she was around. By the look of things, her and Calum seemed to have sorted everything out. They were good for one another, so I was happy they made up.

Sitting in this Boston hotel looking out at the city, I was going through my diary, processing just how little time I had left with Harry. Angus and I were contracted to tour with 1D up until before the New Jersey shows, which were next week.

Two weeks. That's all I had left with him, two weeks.

Once Angus and I left they would be continuing the tour of North and South America, and then head off to Europe. I didn't know how the distance thing would work for us, considering we'd barely been apart since the day we met.

I was upset to say the least. I knew I shouldn't have been thinking about it, I should have been making the most of the time I had left with him, but I couldn't help but ache inside at the thought of not seeing him every day.

"What are you thinking about?" Harry's voice brought me to attention. He had just come out of the shower, wet hair pushed back and dripping down his shoulders, with a towel wrapped around his waist.

He was beautiful, in all senses of the word. His body was inked in various artwork- I would have preferred him with a little less, but he was perfect no matter how much I still hated those fern tattoos along his pelvis. His body was tanned, which made me look like an albino in comparison, and he had the most incredible green eyes that sparkled like an emerald when the sun hit them.

I'd never done a long distance relationship, and I never really planned to. I knew coming into this the tour would eventually come to an end, and I wouldn't be with him everyday, but now that the end date was approaching much more quickly than I liked, it was becoming more real.

"Nothing," I lied in answer to his question. I didn't want him to worry about me, and I didn't want to remind him of the few days we had left together.

"Jen, I know when something's wrong, and you know me well enough to know I'm not going to drop it until you tell me what it is," he made his way over to me, taking a seat with me along the window.

"I was just looking through my schedule..." I trailed off, looking away from him again before I made an emotional mess of myself.

"And..." He pressed.

I felt the tears coming, I sucked in my bottom lip to keep it from trembling, and closed my eyes to try to stop the tears from forming, but one had escaped down the right side of my cheek.

The presence of Harry's thumb could be felt, trailing up to dry the dampness that had lingered.

"Now I know something is wrong, please tell me," he came closer, pulling me by the legs and placing them either side of him.

I took a breath in, and opened my eyes to meet my boyfriends concerned gaze.

"I was looking at my schedule and saw we only have two weeks left until I go back to Australia, for good." I studied his face to try and read what thoughts were swimming behind his eyes. He didn't say anything, he just looked at me then dropped his head.

After a few passing seconds he finally looked back up at me, "then I suppose we best make good use of these two weeks."

It surprised me that he was being so strong about this, he usually hated the thought of me being away from him for more than a day, let alone months. I suppose he was just being brave for the both of us.

"Yeah," I agreed, my voice cracking from the emotions I was trying to conceal, but failing miserably.

"Hey, no more tears. We're going to go about these two weeks like we don't know it's our last together, okay? If we mope around we're just going to be miserable, so we're not thinking about it until the final day when I'm kissing you goodbye at the airport!" His voice was firm, but also tender. He always referred to me as his anchor, but he was also mine, especially in situations like this.