Chapter 17

Jen's POV

I decided not to text Harry back just yet, I thought wishing him a happy new year when it hit midnight in the UK would be a more thoughtful gesture, to show I was thinking of him.

The traffic back to the hotel was horrible. It took about an hour to make a trip, that would usually take ten minutes without traffic.

The eight seater taxi became more claustrophobic as the minutes went by. I sat in the back row with Cal and Sam who made out the entire way home, while Michael was stuck in the row in front next to Bella and Ashton fooling around.

I envied Luke who was seated at the front with the cab driver. At one point I even tried to bribe him to switch seats with me, but he wouldn't budge.

It was around three when we finally got to the hotel. As soon as I stepped out of the taxi, I took a few deep breaths of fresh air I was deprived of in that never ending nightmare.

"Thank God that's over, I thought they were about to swallow each other," Michael nudged me, nodding towards Bella and Ashton who were already walking arm in arm into the hotel.

"Wasn't much more fun in the backseat either," I spoke loudly enough for Cal and Sam to hear.

They just looked at eachother and quietly laughed, Cal flinging his arm around her shoulder, leading her into the hotel.

"Sucks to be both of you, I had a great time up the front with my mate Ravi," Luke teased, referring to the taxi driver he seemed to have struck a one hour friendship with.

Michael and I laughed at him as we joined the others in the hotel lobby.

The boys decided to stay over, we were all way too tired and the traffic was bad so we thought it would be the smartest solution.

Cal and Sam took one of the double beds, Bella and Ashton the other. I quickly claimed the couch, leaving Michael and Luke to sleep on the floor.

I put headphones in so I could drown out the giggling and movements in the bed Cal and Sam shared next to me. I'd have to remember to ask her in the morning what was going on there, or maybe I didn't want to know.

I set my alarm to 10:55am so I could wake up five minutes before midnight UK time to text Harry, then fell asleep.

...

I woke up to the sound of my alarm, immediately jumping up to turn the music off before I woke everyone.

I scanned the room, Cal and Sam were asleep in eachothers arms, and the bed Ashton and Bella took over was empty. I wondered where they were and when they had left.

Luke and Michael were passed out on the floor, one of them snoring very loudly, I couldn't tell which one.

My head was pounding, I didn't know if it was the alcohol, the loud music that blasted through my ears all night, or the lack of sleep I had. Probably a mixture of all three.

It was now 10:59am, so I typed out a text for Harry.

Jen: Happy New Year, Styles. Hope it's a good one for you, miss you too. See you in a week.

Ps. cute pic ;) xx

As soon as 11am hit I pressed send, then locked my phone so I could get back to sleep for a few more hours.

Before I could even get comfortable my phone started to ring. Who would be ringing me? It better not have been Angus, I was in no mood to hear about how many girls he had hooked up with last night.

I picked my phone up groaning and peeked at the caller. It was Harry.

My heart immediately began to race, all the blood rushing to my cheeks. I was almost afraid to answer, not because I thought he would say anything bad, but because I hadn't spoken to him on the phone before and I was quite shy, I hated talking on the phone to people, I preferred texting or face to face conversation.