Chapter 52

Harry's POV

I couldn't lose her, I literally felt broken without her. Here I was, on my knees on the sidewalk, watching her leave me again.

When she kissed me back moments ago, I thought there was hope. Hope she could forgive me, and we could try to rebuild what we had. I didn't know why she put that wall back up, and shut me out again.

I didn't know how people survived this feeling. The feeling of having your entire being crushed, ripped to shreds and left to fly away in the wind with the leaves that were passing me.

I was thankful there was no one around to see me, except for the people in the bar next door who I was sure were staring at the mess I was. I hoped none of them recognised me, it's the last thing I needed right now.

I tried to recompose myself, standing to my feet to make my way back to Ashton who was waiting in the lobby. Jen didn't want me to come back to the apartment tonight, and as much as I wanted to ignore that and convince her to take me back, I had to respect her wishes. I'd have to ask Ashton to stay the night with him, I didn't have the energy to explain everything to my band mates right now.

"Harry, I'm so sorry dude what happened," Ashton stood to his feet and took in the sobbing mess in front of him.

"She left me, she told me not to come back to the apartment tonight." He pulled me in for a hug, and I welcomed his embrace.

This whole thing was ironic, he was the cause of all this in a way. My insecurities about them lead to me cheating, which lead to Jen and I breaking up, which then lead to he and Jen sleeping together. Yet somehow I was now here, accepting his support in the aftermath.

He was surprisingly sympathetic, and I really appreciated it, especially when I knew he was hurting himself. As hard as it was for me to hear her say she wished she'd never met us, I knew it would have been hard for him to hear too.

I always knew he had feelings for her, and I should hate him for it, but I got it. Jen was the most incredible person I had met, and I was the lucky guy to have been able to call her mine. That was until I screwed it all up.

The thing that angered me in all this was he was always just after a hook up with her, and he finally got what he wanted. I guess those intentions turned into genuine feelings, I didn't know though, all I knew was losing her was the worst pain I had endured.

I broke away from the hug and thanked him for being so caring, considering the circumstances.

"No man, you have been my mate for ages, I've been a shitty friend to you, and I'm sorry. You have nothing to thank me for. Do you wanna head up to the room?" I didn't want to go back to the room just yet, that room brought up too many fresh wounds and I couldn't handle it right this minute.

"No, let's go out," I felt like drinking away my sorrows until I was numb to the pain.

"No way, you're in no state to go out, let's just go back to my room," he tried to pull my arm to head back to the elevator, but I dug my heels into the ground and hesitated.

"No, if you want to go to the room, then go, but I'm going next door to the bar. Join me, or don't, I don't give a shit at this point," I snapped at him harshly and turned away, making my way to the bar.

He ran after me and agreed to a few drinks. I knew it was just so he could keep an eye on me, but I preferred his company rather than drinking alone right now.

We walked into the dimly lit, posh looking bar and took a seat at the stools along the bar top. We got a few lingering stares, and I saw them whisper to one another, but I really couldn't care less right now. Tomorrow's headlines were the least of my worries.