Chapter 67

Jen's POV

Abi and I took a seat in one of the make up chairs each, neither of us knowing what to say. The air in the room was so awkward and silent. I picked at my finger nails, trying to come up with what to say in my head. I didn't want to yell at her, or condemn her further, but I also didn't want her to think I would be that girlfriend that was fine with her boyfriend sleeping around, and girls like her could take full advantage of that.

"Look..." we both said at the same time, ceasing the tension that was looming over us. She smiled as she gestured for me to start the conversation off.

"Look Abi, it was a bit of a shock to see you here, since I was aware of it. I didn't mean to react that way, but you have to understand why I did," I kept my voice calm.

I wanted this to be a civil conversation, and from the five minutes I had spoken to Abi earlier today, she seemed like a reasonable person to resolve an issue with.

"I understand completely, trust me. I don't want to make excuses for Harry, but the day "that" happened," she curled her fingers in the air, and I knew what she was referring to, "Harry was really upset and hurt at the photos he saw. I guess he thought you and Ashton were going behind his back, and he kissed me on impulse.

What happened between Harry and I that day meant nothing, right after it happened I knew he regretted it, because he loves you. I guess he just got lost in his emotions, and one thing lead to another. I'm sorry I was the girl that was there at that time, I never want you to think I'm some kind of threat to your relationship, I'm not, Harry and I ended long ago, we're just friends.

I know how much he loves you Jen, more than I've ever seen him love another human being, you have to believe that," she looked at me with desperate eyes, pleading Harry's case. I knew he loved me, he proved that time and time again, especially when he was so willing to cut one of his oldest friends out of his life, for me.

"I know he does," I sighed. "Sometimes I just think I'm only temporary, and can be easily replaced. I mean, I'm no one special- I'm not rich, I'm not famous, I certainly have nothing to give other than myself.

When Harry cheated it hurt alot, because it somewhat confirmed to me I can be easily cut from his life. Like even just before, he said one day he'll stop chasing after me. It's not that I want him to, I'm not that type of girl who needs to keep her boyfriend on his toes constantly, and reassure me he wants to be with me, but I guess when he said that it made me think maybe I wasn't worth the effort anymore." A warm tear rolled down my cheek, and I felt Abi's hand wrap around my wrist.

"Jen, please don't think like that. You are not replaceable, the way Harry talks about you confirms to me and everyone else you are everything to him. You're the one that can't be replaced, and you need to hear that. Do you think if he wanted to replace you, and he didn't love you with everything he had, he would have slept with me?

He did it because he loves you so much it killed him inside, to think you turned to another man. As twisted and screwed up as that sounds, and I'm not justifying his actions, if he just laughed it off and said "oh well, shit happens" would you believe he loved you?"

She was right, as much as I hated her five minutes ago, and the sight of her made me sick to my stomach, she was right. People act on impulse when they are hurt, just like I acted on impulse when I slept with Ashton, right after I broke up with Harry.

Love makes you do regrettable things, and sometimes how we show our love for another person is unconventional, but no relationship is perfect at the end of the day. There is no right or wrong way to love someone, you just do it as best you know how.