Chapter 41

Jen's POV

I managed to avoid Harry back at the hotel. After I packed all my things, Angus and I headed down to the lobby and to our waiting car.

Of course there were a mob of screaming fans outside the hotel, and a bunch of paparazzi snapping pictures of us as security helped us into the vehicle.

Normally I would stop and say hello to some of them that called out to me for a photo, but today I was emotionally drained and I couldn't face any of them asking me about Harry.

"So what happened with Harry anyway? I know you didn't want to talk about it yesterday, but have you guys worked it out?" Angus turned to ask me during the drive.

"No we haven't," I rolled my eyes. I really didn't want to get into it right now, I hadn't spoken to him since yesterday, and I was upset that Sam was gone.

"Whatever happened between you two I know he's beating himself up for it. He didn't really tell Gemma and I what he said to you, but I could see in his face he felt like shit for it. He really likes you," he tried to comfort me, and it did somewhat comfort me to know he regretted what he said, but it didn't excuse the fact he'd made no attempt to apologise or even acknowledge me.

I sighed, "He's just so insecure. He gets jealous that Ashton and I are so close and he shuts down on me," I explained.

"But doesn't he have reason to? You and Ash did hook up, I know if I saw Gemma with a guy she hooked up with it would drive me nuts." It bothered me he was taking Harry's side, but I understood his point.

"Harry doesn't know about Ashton and I, I tried to tell him yesterday but he cut me off so I figured I'd just act as if it didn't happen."

"You haven't told him? Jen..." he shook his head in disapproval. "You can't keep stuff like that from him, the longer you leave it the worse it's going to be when it finally does come out. Trust me, you need to tell him, before someone else does," he said sternly.

"Someone being you?" I snapped at him. He wouldn't do that to me, but not many other people knew about Ashton and I.

"No you know I would never do that to you, and no I won't tell Gemma if that's what you're thinking, but this stuff always ends up coming out. Who else knows?" He questioned me.

"I don't know who Ashton has told, but I've only told Sam, Bella and Niall," I answered. A rush of sickness came over me as I said Niall's name, I knew he wouldn't tell Harry but just the fact he knew made me nervous.

"Niall? You told his best friend?" His eyes were wide, he probably thought I was an idiot for telling him, but I had no choice in the end.

"Yeah, he kind of picked up that something was going on between Ashton and I when we went out to dinner on Friday night, and he forced me into telling him what happened," I lowered my head to look at my lap.

"He promised he wouldn't say anything, and I trust him to stick to his word, as I trust you not to say anything, Angus I mean it!" I snapped my head back up to him to make my point clear.

"I won't say a word, but I'm just telling you Jen, you should tell him soon!"

I nodded at his advice. I knew I had to tell him, but not now, we were already fighting and I didn't want to make it worse.

"One issue at a time, thanks to you shacking up with his sister, he's pissed at me for not telling him about you two. He pretty much told me I'm the reason for all his anger recently." It hurt to say the words out loud again.

"You know he didn't mean it," he tried to assure me. I knew he did mean it, but I knew he didn't mean to hurt me with those words.

"Mmm, well I just hope we work it out soon, we had an amazing week minus a few hurdles, and I don't want to spoil it now that we're coming close to going home to Australia."