10 - "An Agonizing Night Of Passion"

Cilia was uncomfortable as soon as she stepped foot in the restaurant. It was way out of her class. The place was huge and filled with tables everywhere. All she could hear was chatter and glasses and silverware clanking. Her light wool sweater sat over her shoulders as she looked around, her sparkly silver dress glowing as it constantly caught the light from the chandelier above.

Everyone was dressed like money and she felt like a fraud. Her dress looked expensive, but she knew these people probably knew what was name brand and what wasn't. So she knew they could probably tell her dress came from the thrift store. Cilia felt like a big fraud that didn't belong.

"Relax," Breeze whispered in her ear, placing his hand on the small of her back.

Cilia jumped, her stomach tingling from his touch. She looked at him and he awarded her with that golden smile, showing his famous dimples.

"I am relaxed." She mumbled back, staring like she was grilling him.

"Okay, if you say so." Breeze replied with a chuckle.

"Mr. Gray." A Spanish hostess announced, walking into the crowded waiting area. She spotted him and smiled, making a motion toward the back. "You're table is ready sir."

Cilia looked at Breeze wondering if there was some sort of mixup. They just walked in forty seconds ago. Breeze gently nudged Cilia forward and she walked, following the hostess as she nervously gripped the clutch in her hand. The hostess made a few twist and turns down some halls and walked up a flight of stairs.

What is this, headquarters to the fucking C.I.A?  Cilia said to herself, wondering why the place was so big and complicated.

They found themselves on an upper deck, with less people then downstairs. They sat at a table that gave them a view of the outside high rise buildings, the ocean and all the city lights gleaming like stars in the sky. A live band was playing, with a woman singing classical blues.

Breeze pulled out Cilia's chair and she stared at him weirdly as he travelled across the small round table to his own seat. "What?" He asked with a smile.

"You didn't have to pull my chair out for me, I have hands." She said, annoyed.

Breeze chuckled, realizing exactly at that moment that she really wasn't that nice of a person. At first he thought he might have just caught her on a bad day at the club, but he could see this was her personality. He wondered if she was just like that naturally or maybe had hood rat parents she learned her behavior from. Whatever it was, he was attracted to it and didn't know why. Most people wouldn't like a disrespectful person, and Breeze really didn't go for that either, but he was liking Cilia.

"It's called chivalry, it might be dead but I still do it." Breeze said.

Cilia had no clue what 'chivalry' was and she didn't want to seem dumb for asking. So she kept her mouth shut. She looked around, looking at the beautiful chubby Black woman singing. She had a deep rich voice like velvet that would put you to sleep in an instant.