33 - "She Snaps"

Cilia and Allele walked into the crowded restaurant and was immediately engulfed by the crowd. They fought their way to get up to the podium where the hostess was, but before one of them could even open their mouth, Cilia was recognized by the hostess right away.

"Ma'am I just sat you down like two minutes ago. How'd you get up here?"

Cilia's eyes widened. "Oh, no, that must be my sister...table for three? She's waiting on us."

The hostess nodded her head remembering the woman did say she was waiting for two more people to join her. She grabbed two more menus from behind the wooden stand and escorted the duo to the back, to seat them with their guest. When they got to the table, the woman smiled once she noticed the two ladies were twin sisters. Cilia slid in the booth seat across from Iris and Allele sat next to Iris, only because Cilia kept begging him too. He didn't know for what reason. Probably to make them come off more apologetic and supportive.

The hostess placed the two menus down and smiled. "I'll be back in a few minutes to take your orders...can I start you off with some drinks?"

"Hot water please, I want to make tea." Cilia said, her stomach was bubbling and she felt she needed it.

"Apple juice," Allele smiled like a kid.

The woman looked at Iris and she didn't say anything. The lady took that as she wanted nothing and left the trio there. Cilia immediately turned her attention on her sister. Iris' hair was in a ponytail, and she had on black sunglasses. So black if she was making any facial expressions, it was unreadable.

Cilia was surprised it took them one day to get in touch with Iris. She'd been calling and texting her non-stop since she left the apartment last night. Finally the very next day around ten in the morning, she finally got Iris to answer her phone calls. Iris told her she would meet up with them and talk about it before she hung up. And here they were an hour later. Cilia was honestly grateful, she thought it would take weeks to get in touch with her sister. The disgust Cilia felt for herself was at an all time high. She'd been apart from her sister for years; but they were never in a bad space like this.

Cilia noticed one of Iris' hands on the table, so she reached forward and placed her hand on top of her sister's. "Iris—"

Iris yanked her hand back and looked somewhere in the direction of Cilia. "Don't touch me."