25 - "Gold Ice Casino"

Cilia and Allele looked out the tinted windows of the coach bus, as it pulled into the parking lot of Gold Ice Casino. It had to be over hundreds and hundreds of cars parked in the lot, most of them expensive and luxurious. None of the two had ever left Brooklyn, so even though they were right next door to New York City; Little Silver, New Jersey was like another planet for them right now.

The windows to the Casino building were so long and so clear, it almost made the entire building seem like it was made of glass. People could even be seen walking around in the building. Splashes of bright gold paint decorated the perimeter wherever the long windows didn't cover. Cilia finally realized why it was called Gold Ice Casino. The gold paint represented the gold part and the glass represented the ice.

A huge sign written in cursive gold read: Gold Ice Casino. Cilia was willing to bet it lit up at night, but it wasn't dark enough yet. It was only 5:30PM in the evening and the event started 9:00PM tonight. The bus started to get loud with chatter as all the other people on board started to get excited and talk about the place amongst themselves and the people they came with. Because Allele and Cilia didn't have a ride of their own, they had to use the free coach bus that transported the customers to the site.

Allele smiled as the bus slowly drove through the lot, careful not to hit anyone's car as it approached the building. He rubbed his hands together, leaning back in the soft fuzzy seat. "I can't wait to get up in here. I bet the bitches are bad as hell."

Cilia's excitement suddenly diminished like a lit flame as she turned her attention on him. Dressed in a gray Nike hoodie, his hair was done in one long French braid with a black Nike cap over his head, his teeth gleaming harder than the diamond earrings in his ear.

"Don't play with me bitch." Cilia snarled, "If you ever cheat on my sister—"

"What the fuck you gon' do?" Allele laughed.

Cilia's hand raised up from her side, but Allele quickly grabbed her hands, laughing. "C'mon chill, you always playing."

The bus pulled up to the front of the building and the engine cut off. The doors opened at the front and everyone began to file off. Cilia and Allele followed suit, thanking the bus driver for a safe trip like everyone else before stepping off and going to the side of the bus to retrieve their bags. The side doors to the bus opened and everyone began to get their belongings.

Cilia and Allele who didn't have much, spotted their duffel bags quickly. Cilia grabbed her gray duffel and Allele grabbed his black one as they made their way into the Casino. Cilia thought about metal detectors and damn near tripped on her feet when she remembered they were both packing, but she quickly realized there were none when they walked straight into the building and everyone was freely walking about.