11 - "A Mission Failed"

Allele and Cilia walked onto the sidewalk, the wind whipping against her bare legs that were complimented by three inch stiletto pumps she had borrowed from Iris. She side eyed Allele, who was also dressed to impress in a mixture of Polo and Armani. For someone that claimed they were broke, he surely knew out to splurge out sometimes.

Allele looked at her and Cilia turned her head, looking straight ahead as they approached the front door of the club. They could both already hear the bass from inside shaking the place. Allele shook his head, opening the door for Cilia as he walked in after her.

Tory Lane's "Luv" blared from the various speakers setup throughout the club. Colorful strobe lights constantly flickered off the surface and bodies of the place and the people, lighting up the dark atmosphere. Cilia softly nodded her head to the catchy tune, her eyes moving a mile a minute while Allele stood next to her with a scowl, grilling every man and woman that looked his way.

As he looked around the place, the conversation he and Cilia had two weeks ago entered his mind.

Allele sat on the couch, skimming through a thin stack of bills. The phone bill and cable bill was due and he was honestly thinking of taking the TV off. The rent was due next week too plus with Cilia here, there was not a dollar they could waste.

"Hey."

Allele looked up at the figure standing in the doorway. It was three o' clock in the morning and he hadn't expected the girls to be up. He couldn't tell if it was Cilia or Iris because he didn't remember what Iris had worn to bed; but from the tone of voice he assumed it was the bratty twin.

"You have a minute?" Cilia asked, standing there in a plaid colored long sleeve pajama top and bottom.

Allele shrugged, licking his lips. "I guess," He said. He started stroking his hairless chin, watching as she walked over and took a seat on the single chair. She leaned forward with her elbows on her knees, suddenly looking half nervous.

"I have a plan."

"A what?"

"A plan. For Iris, on how we can come up with the money."

Allele ran a hand down his face, hoping they were not about to wake Iris up arguing with this shit. Allele knew she loved her sister but Cilia was living in a fairytale.

"Run schemes." Cilia suddenly blurted out.

"What?"

"Run schemes! You know...rob banks, Casinos, scam credit cards, strip cars then sell the parts. Run schemes."

"Are you crazy?" Allele said barely missing calling her dumb by a split second.

"I'm not asking you to help me, I'm just letting you know this is what I'm going to be doing," Cilia said putting a hand on her chest. "Her Doctor is moving in six months and we still don't have a dime! This is my sister and I'm gonna do whatever I can to make sure she's straight. The only reason I'm telling you this is because I wanted to ask you to make sure Iris didn't find out. But I'm not asking you. I am doing this."