7 LOUI

This was not supposed to happen. It was definitely not what I had planned. Where did this all go wrong? How could I have been so terribly stupid?

I should not have let it come so far.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid!

Two hours ago:

Miyu and I had just arrived at the party and I did not really know what to do. Miyu looked around probably hoping to spot Jyll somewhere.

Suddenly Micah appeared in front of me and grinned widely. He was obviously already a little tipsy.

"Heyy, you came!", he greeted me loudly.

"Yeah", I just said shyly. God, why was I acting so weird around him? I usually was not that awkward, but Micah was kind of intimidating and made me feel ... strange.

I could not really explain it.

"Why are you looking so nervous?", Micah asked and I looked up at him. He was taller than me and his eyes were full of worry, so I admitted: "I don't really know anyone ..."

"Okay, that's something I can help you with", Micah smiled and stepped next to me, so that we were both facing the partying people.

"This", he pointed at a few students standing close to us, "is the cool group. They're fun and you don't have to worry about what you say or do, they don't really care and they'll immediatly see you as a friend once they think you're nice. They're my friends, so you're in the group already."

I smiled, feeling a bit more confident knowing that I had some people I could talk to during the next week, because starting without any friends in my classes was not something I would have enjoyed.

"That mexican guy flirting with your friend is Jamil, my best friend", I turned to see Miyu talking to Jamil. It was obvious that he was flirting with her, but I guessed she did not notice. She never did.

"Those are the druggies", he pointed elsewhere and I turned again, eyeing the druggies.

"If you want something, they have everything, seriously. But I wouldn't spend too much time with them, they're kind of creepy ...", Micah frowned and explained some more groups of people to me.

Afterwards I actually felt a lot better.

"Thanks, Micah", I told him truthfully and he looked me in the eyes and smiled.

We stood there for a while, doing nothing but looking at each other, but I didn't really notice that it could seem weird.

Suddenly his smile grew wider and he asked: "Wanna dance?"

Before I could even say yes, he already grabbed my hand and pulled me to the middle of the room where several students were already dancing.

And then we danced.