42 LOUI

Later that afternoon, I meet Gavin and helped him get ready for his date.

He was really nervous, but he still had time left before he had to leave, so he said: "Okay, you have to distract me. Tell me about you and Micah."

I thought about that for a second, then I said: "Um, it's going well, I guess. He really is a good boyfriend, even though it's his first relationship."

"It is?", Gavin sounded surprised.

"Yeah, but he's great. I honestly enjoy being with him and he makes me happy ..."

"But?"

I hesitated. "Well ... he doesn't know about this yes ...", I pulled off my beanie and pointed at my cat ears.

"Will you tell him?", Gavin asked.

"I'm scared ... but Miyu said I should ..."

"Hm", Gavin just mumbled and I frowned: "What? Tell me what you think."

"I don't wanna tell you what to do ...", Gavin shook his head, but I begged: "Please, just say it."

"Fine", he gave in. "I don't think you should tell him."

"Why?", I asked, feeling sad suddenly.

"Because, if you're happy right now, why change something? You don't know how he'll react and you wouldn't wanna lose him, would you?", Gavin explained and I slowly nodded: "Yeah, I guess you're right ... we haven't been together for that long, so I'll just wait ..."

Gavin smiled: "Okay, I have to go, wish me luck."

I gave him a thumbs up and then left.

I came back to my room at the same time as Micah did.

"Hey", he smiled. "What did you do?"

"I visited Gavin", I told him and Micah frowned: "Again?"

"Yes."

"But why?"

We had entered the room and as I closed the door, I explained: "He was nervous about a date."

Micah was silent for a moment, then he stated: "I don't like how you're still seeing him."

I turned to him, a bit offended by now. "He's my friend, Micah!"

"I don't trust him!", Micah pouted and I rolled my eyes: "There's no need to be jealous."

"Really?"

"Yes. We haven't done anything since you and I are together. I would never do that-", I told him, but he interrupted me: "Wait, but you did, before?!"

He looked shocked and I slowly admitted: "Yes ... but not-"

Micah shook his head and interrupted me again: "Then stop meeting him!"

"But he's just a friend!", I insisted.

Micah scoffed and I added: "You can trust me!"

"Yes?", he crossed his arms. "Well, how do you expect me to trust you, when you have this big secret you won't tell me about? And you somehow won't let me touch you and that would not even be such a problem if you at least explained why, but you don't!"

I looked at him silently for a while, then I answered quietly: "But you knew that before and you said you didn't care."

"Yes, because I wanted you. But I do care now!"

He stood there, looking at me expectantly, but I could not get out a word. I could not tell him. Not yet. I did not know how. And he would hate me ...

When Micah understood that I would not answer, his face turned cold, he grabbed his jacket and then angrily left the room.