21 LOUI

My head hurt like hell and I felt like I was on a really fast carousel. I slowly opened my eyes and blinked several times until I recognized my surroundings.

Obviously I was in a hospital room and the first person I saw was ... Gavin.

It was good to see him, but I could not help but feel slightly disappointed that it was not Micah. Whatever reasons I had to feel like I needed him here right now ...

When Gavin noticed I was awake he jumped up from his chair and stood beside my bed, but before he could say anything, the door was opened and Miyu came in.

"Oh, you're up!", she smiled and put somestuff down on my bed: "I brought some food, cause I thought you might be hungry once you wake up and this hospital food ... I don't know if you can even call it food ..."

"Oh!", she stepped closer and added with alower voice: "I also made sure they left the beanie on. Wait ...I forgot about drinks!"

She threw her hands in the air dramatically and I shouted a "Thank you!" after her, but she was already gone.

"How are you feeling?", Gavin finally asked, but did not give me a chance to answer: "I am so sorry, this is all my fault-"

"No, it's not. It was an accident", I interrupted him.

Gavin stepped closer: "So ... you're not angry?"

I shook my head, regretting it the second after, flinching because there was a sharp pain in my head.

"Hey", Micah's voice suddenly came from thevdoor and I opened my eyes to find him staring at Gavin angrily: "Whatare you doing here?"

He then turned to me and his face softened: "Are you alright? Do you want me to call a nurse to do something about the pain?"

"No, thanks. It's okay", I assured him.

"Um", Micah put some of Miyu's food aside and sat on my bed. "You have a concussion and a broken leg whichbbled a lot, so you need to rest. But you can leave the hospital today already, if you promise to stay in bed."

I smiled at him thankfully. Those were good news.

Micah then seemed to realize Gavin was still standing behind him and he frowned: "I don't think you're needed here."

Gavin bit his lip and smiled at me briefly, then he left the room.

"Why are you being so mean to him?", I asked and Micah scoffed: "I don't like him."

I decided to drop the topic, since I could feel how it irritated him, so I chuckled: "Did I really fall from a tree?"

Micah grinned: "Yeah, you did."

"God", I sighed. "This is so embarrassing."

Who was so stupid to fall from a tree and seriously hurt himself during that?!

You'd think being half cat would make me land on my feet properly, but obviously I was an exeption.

"No, not at all", Micah chuckled. "It was that mean tree's fault. You should probably stay away from trees, though."

"No, I like trees", I pouted. "I used to have a tree house, it was my favourite place to go, to be alone and think and-"

A nurse came in and interrupted me: "I need to take you to some final test, before you can go home."

"I'll wait here", Micah promised and I nodded, then the nurse took me outside.