24 MICAH

One week later Loui was allowed to walk around again. He had gotten crutches and practiced walking with them for hours, first in our room, then the hallway and finally even on the stairs.

I could not help but keep an eye on him the whole time, because I was too worried that he would fall eventually. He was just too stubborn to take it slower.

I did not know why I cared so much about him. I worried more about him than about my sister, I mean, of course I loved her, but she was able to take care of herself. Loui, too, but I still felt the need to protect him somehow.

I have no idea why. I had never felt like that before, usually I would just ignore people who had rejected me. If someone did not want me, then I would not push them. There were other people who wanted me more than that.

Maybe it was because he was my roommate and I at least wanted to be friends with him. But, then again, I did not feel the same about Jamil as I did about Loui.

Ugh, all this was so confusing and it made my head hurt to think about it for too long.

Loui and I tried to be just friends once again and I tried to pretend as if I was totally fine with it. To make it easier for me, I decided to just do what I did before this had gotten so complicated, which meant I spent more time with Amara and went out to clubs a few times. I simply needed to distract myself.

Tonight I had been to another club, on my own this time, because Amara had some important test tomorrow. I had to admit, I was a little drunk. Only a little.

But there was a hot guy whom I danced with and later we made out in front of the club, so I decided to take him home with me.

I managed to unlock and open the door to my room and immediatly pulled him closer, continuing our kiss from before. I kicked the door shut with my foot and pulled my shirt over my head, pushing him onto my bed and then climbing on top of him.

He moaned a lot, but I was too drunk to care, when Is uddenly heard someone clear his throat.

Loui sat up in his bed: "Yeah, sure guys, I'll just leave."

He sounded slightly annoyed and I giggled: "Oops."

But then I ignored Loui and started unzipping the guy's pants and a few seconds later I heard Loui leave the room.